Mac Applications forum

General discussion

Calendar Creator Plus for Mac?

by lisaannbrown / January 14, 2009 3:17 AM PST

I'm looking for a calendar software program that is similar to the Calendar Creator Plus software designed for PC's...any suggestions? ical does not work for me....

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Calendar Creator Plus for Mac?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Calendar Creator Plus for Mac?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Google only turns up stuff
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / January 14, 2009 9:32 AM PST

to actually make a calendar but nothing that could be classed as an organizer.

What did you want to do with it and, in what way does iCal not work for you.

P

Collapse -
calendar Creator Plus for Mac?
by lisaannbrown / January 16, 2009 12:00 AM PST

Among other things, I don't like that you can not adjust the margins/lines of the calendar in the month view so as to see everything in that 'square'....it just says '4 more...' I need to see everything in the square, in the month view...and that is the biggest thing I miss and need from Calendar Creator...unless there is another calendar software that will allow for that. There are other little things that I don't like about ical too, but that is the biggy!

Thanks for your time!

Collapse -
Also looking for a Mac replacement for Calendar Creator Plus
by larcigar / January 26, 2009 4:02 AM PST

The key feature I use in Calendar Creator Plus that I have not found in a Mac Calendar program is to increment the age of a person every year, which prints as part of the Calendar. (Joe's 9th birthday) In the events listings you indicate a base year for any event and it calculates the value each year. I print several family calendars which automatically increases a persons age or anniversary. This is now the only program that I still need a windows based machine for. Would love to replace it so I can get ride of Windows

Collapse -
creata calendar plu for mac
by sidehorse / April 13, 2009 7:18 AM PDT

The key feature I use in Calendar Creator Plus that I have not found in a Mac Calendar program is to increment the age of a person every year, which prints as part of the Calendar. (Joe's 9th birthday) In the events listings you indicate a base year for any event and it calculates the value each year. I print several family calendars which automatically increases a persons age or anniversary. This is now the only program that I still need a windows based machine for. Would love to replace it so I can get ride of Windows

Collapse -
Same boat....
by Eric Owens / July 1, 2009 2:39 AM PDT

Almost the only reason for needing Windows is the lack of a good calendar program. I've tried over 20 different ones from various places. None match Calendar Creator. Some of you might try uCalendarX. I allows you to manipulate the margins somewhat.

My biggest complaint on iCal (and almost ever other Mac Calendar program) is that you can't "Banner" events. uCalendarX allows that but still prints out sloppy. I'm at a church and really need a sharp calendar program that allows for repeats, bennering of events, clipart insertion, and word art.

Please, don't anyone reply and tell me to use a publishing program. I need a calendar program like Calendar Creator. Please!!!!!

Collapse -
Mac Calendar Program
by ShadowfaxTM / July 5, 2009 10:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Same boat....

Have you tried Sunbird?

I don't know if it will do what you want as I've only browsed across it but it may be worth a try. It's constantly being updated, due to being open source, and you could always suggest new features that may be useful to you.

Collapse -
Calendar program for MAC
by Timothy Thurston / July 9, 2009 10:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Mac Calendar Program

I too need a Calendar Creator like program for MAC. Sunbird as suggested is really not close. I use Calendar Creator for office schedules and it is very handy when repeating same information in a repeating schedule such as every week or 6 weeks. Will stick with the Windows program until something better comes along in MAC

Collapse -
Same Boat....
by Eric Owens / July 10, 2009 3:01 AM PDT

Thanks for the recommendation. Sunbird appears to be a great little program for scheduling. Hardly a substitute for Calendar Creator.

I was wrong on my last post. The last version of iCal does allow you to banner all day events spanning longer than a 24 hour period.

Here's the difference between these programs (in my opinion). iCal along with Entourage, Sunbird, etc., are scheduling programs that have been given some options to print calendars. Calendar Creator is a "print calendar" program that's been given options for scheduling. Although, very strong scheduling options.

I'm really kinda shocked that there isn't a better calendaring program for the Mac with the emphasis the Mac has had in education. Odd. In the meantime I keep booting up to Windows for Calendar Creator.

Is there an old version of Calendar Creator for the Mac?

Collapse -
Same boat, up the river, no paddle
by dizzyone / July 17, 2009 3:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Same Boat....

There's LOTS of reasons why I keep using Calendar Creator on my windows machine. I totally wish there was a good MAC substitute. I have searched, but have not found ANYTHING like it, with all it's options!

Here is one that is similar, but it misses the mark, so I uninstalled it. But, it might meet one of your needs.

It's called Calendar Maker 5; it's at www.prgrsoft.com/pages/calendarmakerx.html -- check it out, it might work for you.

I'm going to keep searching! and, using my CC on my vista. If anyone finds a really good replacement, please post!

Collapse -
I gave in; but still prefer Calendar Creator
by dizzyone / October 19, 2009 4:25 PM PDT

I installed Calendar Maker 5 for Mac. I used it and I think it is the best you're going to get out there for the Mac. It is a little more "stiff" but I find I can do most things. events can be over days (such as vacation) - it does not do birthdays like CC (Joe's 9th birthday) -but I put the year they were born in the event (have to do the math yourself). I decided to purchase the program, because I make so many calendars. check it out. It's pretty good.

Collapse -
Calendar Creator Plus
by devans002 / November 26, 2011 7:26 AM PST

This is precisely my problem. I am totally frustrated. I really wish that Broderbund would produce a mac os-x version of this great program.

Collapse -
Calendar Creator in Mac
by SandyRitterStuff / December 18, 2011 12:15 PM PST
In reply to: Calendar Creator Plus

I too was frustrated not being abel to use CC on my mac. I bought "Paralles" and then installed windows on my mac and then installed CC on my mac. was abel to open all my previous calendars and update them!!! Now I too can get rid of my PC.

Collapse -
Calendar Creator replacement for MAC - Calculates Birthdays
by larcigar / January 9, 2010 6:29 AM PST

OK - I have finally found an add-in for I-Cal that calculates the birthday and anniversary based on the date in the address book.

Dates to iCal 2 is a replacement for Apple's birthday calendar for iCal in Leopard and Snow Leopard. It has a range of features to allow the user to choose what, and what not, to sync to iCal from Address Book.

As well as automatically syncing birthday dates from Address Book, Dates to iCal 2 can sync anniversary and custom dates. It can set up to five alarms for each date in iCal and can also set different alarms for birthdays and anniversaries. It allows the option of only syncing from one Address Book group. This application also allows for the titles of the events sent to iCal to be modified to the user's preference.

Dates to iCal http://www.nhoj.co.uk/datestoical/
Does what I need it to do. I no Longer need a MS Windows machine.

Collapse -
Not even close to Calendar Creator.
by Articcat454 / January 1, 2013 5:38 AM PST

One big issue is you cannot make the numbers any larger, you cant make various size calendars. Not worried about adding pics or any thing more.

I had the Calendar Creator for my old power mac back in the day, was so easy to make anything you wanted.

Collapse -
make calendar on mac
by amanda110 / October 19, 2009 1:18 PM PDT
Collapse -
sorry
by macnerd10 / October 19, 2009 1:46 PM PDT
In reply to: maybe this one - free
Collapse -
CC for Mac
by SandyRitterStuff / December 19, 2011 2:21 AM PST

Purchase Parallels, install your Windows, install your Calendar Creator. I did this a couple of days ago because I too was frustrated not being able to find a Calendar program for Mac and now I can open my old Calendars as if my mac is my old pc! I printed two calendars yesterday. My only problem is that I installed Windows XP from an ebay purchase and my Calendar Creator doesn't work "smoothly" in XP. I should have purchased an older version of windows to install on my mac but enough of the features work just fine for me. Two calendars down and 7 more to go...hope this helps! Happy Holidays

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.