Car Tech forum

General discussion

CADILLAC escalade

by ahmedsqt / November 11, 2005 1:45 PM PST

Hi every one;
Is there anyone in this forum who owns a Cadillac escalade or knows about it that can tell me about. I just heard that it's not economy but it's stable on the road!. I am about to buy one but I am a hesitant because I don't know about it.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: CADILLAC escalade
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: CADILLAC escalade
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Unbelievable Gas Hog, Unreliable....
by Psych Doc / November 12, 2005 2:39 AM PST
In reply to: CADILLAC escalade

...And an overall piece of crap.

Wannabe nouveau rich drive these pieces of bling bling and most of them live in trailer parks.

Want to scream to the world that you're white trash....buy an Escalade.

Stick with a Honda Pilot Or Acura MDX.

Collapse -
hey amn watch wat u say!!!!
by joseluvsmoney / February 1, 2006 3:11 PM PST

aright so yeah the escallade is a gashog but i own 2 and they are great i previously ahd a navigator '04 and check this out im only 22 and im not white trash im mexican and love my escalade and just beacuz maybe you spent all your money on the down 4 it others didn't and others like escalades i have some 26" on my escalade and my dad has the original rims and well since my dad buys me anything he put 6 tvs on it and dam man i love my escalade and i cant wait till the '07 comes out we went and saw it ,my dad and i, and we both are gonna get one mine black and his pearl white. so yeah escalades along with navigators are the best out there so dont go running your gums about something only you feel!

Collapse -
Screams To the World "I Have No Taste/Culture/Sophistication
by Psych Doc / February 3, 2006 2:59 AM PST

Great message.

What a piece of trash (the car and those who would drive such an abomination).

Collapse -
hey amn watch wat u say!!!!
by joseluvsmoney / February 1, 2006 3:11 PM PST

aright so yeah the escallade is a gashog but i own 2 and they are great i previously ahd a navigator '04 and check this out im only 22 and im not white trash im mexican and love my escalade and just beacuz maybe you spent all your money on the down 4 it others didn't and others like escalades i have some 26'' on my escalade and my dad has the original rims and well since my dad buys me anything he put 6 tvs on it and dam man i love my escalade and i cant wait till the '07 comes out we went and saw it ,my dad and i, and we both are gonna get one mine black and his pearl white. so yeah escalades along with navigators are the best out there so dont go running your gums about something only you feel!

Collapse -
Are you looking to buy new, or used?
by jpr / November 26, 2005 3:55 AM PST
Collapse -
"I am about to buy one but I am a hesitant because I don't..
by Psych Doc / November 26, 2005 12:45 PM PST

...know about it."

HELLO, anyone there???!!!

Are you effin' kidding me?

You're about to drop $50+k and you don't know what you're buying???

You really are one sorry SOB.

People like you deserve to end up buying an Escalade...lol.

Collapse -
super reply
by tattimann / January 30, 2006 1:17 AM PST

Well is u are going to buy one, than buy a lincoln navigator, I have rented it, it is a beautiful ride, but than again bad on the milage-that is what u get when u buy such a huge car

Collapse -
don't listen to the nay-sayers
by 0wnz / February 6, 2006 11:53 AM PST

GM builds excelent SUVs. Although my family doesn't have an escalade, we have a late model GM SUV, and we couldn't be happier with it. The best advice I could give you is test drive one, and then go from there. If it fits you and you like, you will be happy with it.

f.y.i: I am willing to bet that the people are either rabid environmentalists (nobody who can afford a Caddy ever complains about mpg) or just don't like american cars in general. In either case, I doubt either one has ever driven an escalade. I have, but only for a day, I liked it a lot.

Collapse -
You will smile at the gas pump
by Dan Filice / February 17, 2006 9:11 AM PST

Because gas will again again be hitting the $3 per gallon by summer and when you fork over $60 every three days to fill up this tank, you can only smile because it's the only thing you can do to keep your sanity short of killing yourself for buying this thing. In any case, Iraq will certainly thank you.

Collapse -
Look At The Up Side Here....
by Psych Doc / February 17, 2006 11:14 AM PST

...This worthless steamship on wheels will probably be in the shop as much as on the roads so that should cut down on those trips to the pumps.

But just think, when it's lucky enough to be on the road, with every block he drives, he'll be telling the world what a worthless piece of trailer park garbage he is!

C'mon, that's worth something.

;~)

Collapse -
If only I could understand what joseluvsmoney was saying...
by alexs91 / January 14, 2009 12:33 PM PST

Just a response to a few people on this page:

1: (directed at "joseluvsmoney") You could not be a more pathetic example of nouveau-riche gaudiness that is invading our country. Daddy buys you everything? Well, in todays "sound" economy, I'm pretty sure that owning an Escalade with disgusting, oversized rims is not the most sound investment to be making. American car companies are in the toilet, and sales of your beloved "gashog" are plummeting. If you own two, why do you say that one is your father's? You need to be more clear with your message because you sound like you were educated in some third-rate school system. It's rather confusing. I agree with Psych Doc, you have absolutely no sophistication, taste,or culture, and your futile attempts to appear rich are easily discarded. Why the deuce do you even need six televisions in your car? You are the reason why our economy is in shambles as of late: your father, who bought you everything and raised an unproductive, unintelligent member of society, probably based everything on poor collateral and lost a lot of money by buying everything on credit, not cash. See where your Escalade has gotten you now?

2: (directed at 0wnz) Your late model GM SUV is not even remotely comparable to the plasticky, falling-apart models that Cadillac is putting out today. Yes, I am in fact a rabid environmentalist, but in the search for a new car, my parents (who can afford a Cadillac, easily) complained heavily about not just Cadillac's average MPG, but American car MPGs as well. They ended up with a Lexus, something reliable and with respectable MPG. On the contrary, I HAVE driven an Escalade, as well as a Tahoe and a Suburban, and they all have poor ride. The turning radii are dreadful,and the acceleration is pitiful as well. The MPG is only one of the major problems I can bring to the surface about these pieces of garbage that congest the roads of McMansionville, USA.

To answer the original question at hand, please consider whether you even need an SUV, let along a full-size model. If you do, consider the Honda Pilot definetely, and if you're looking for luxury, the Lexus RX350 is respectable, with an average of 20 MPG on the non-hybrid model.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.