Computer Help forum

Question

C/Net video how to's

by Boothbay / December 21, 2012 8:13 AM PST

Some of them seem to do buffering and others OK, and some seem like chopped. I have the latest Flash player and have no problem watching video's on other sites, as I do here..ie..the review video area....why?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: C/Net video how to's
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: C/Net video how to's
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Given your past troubles.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 21, 2012 10:12 AM PST
In reply to: C/Net video how to's

Did you ever find out what was giving your PC so much trouble? You had some dozen or more posts but it was never clear why your PC had so many issues.
Bob

Collapse -
Given your past troubles
by Boothbay / December 21, 2012 10:08 PM PST

NO

Collapse -
Good to know.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 22, 2012 12:07 AM PST

You bring up a good new question. That is, how do folk find today's PCs? Did the makers and Microsoft blow it even after decades? That is, here you are with a year or more of trouble and your PC is still in trouble.

Have you tried one of those Apple computers?
Bob

Collapse -
Good to know
by Boothbay / December 22, 2012 5:01 AM PST
In reply to: Good to know.

The issue I had in the past were the typical nuisances and have been overcome...What does that have to do about my OP? I just watched a load of youtube videos and each one was viewed smoothly..but like I said it is not that way while viewing some 'reviews' in C/Net.

Collapse -
You wrote no to my question.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 22, 2012 5:05 AM PST
In reply to: Good to know

"Did you ever find out what was giving your PC so much trouble? "

Your answer was "NO" so that means you should have continued issues like your new question.

Until you get to the bottom of why you are having these issues, you will continue to seek help on issue after issue.

You are a great example of how Microsoft needs to do a lot better. Or where folk should never put anything on their PC and just do a factory restore when it's busted.
Bob

Collapse -
you wrote no
by Boothbay / December 23, 2012 5:26 AM PST

Please, if you do not have the temperament to respond to my so called problems, then ignore them..you seem to be the only one in this forum among the other moderators that answer..be easy on yourself, relax and let others reply, or just ignore my posts, cause there may possibly be more in the future, after all this is a free forum, and not all of us are geeks.

Collapse -
My thought is the original causes are still there.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 23, 2012 5:34 AM PST
In reply to: you wrote no

Do the problems vanish if you perform a factory restore? For some owners that's the only fix because as you wrote, folk are not geeks (few are, I'm not one either!) and to ask folk to perform a 34 step procedure is asking a lot.

This is why I asked if you found what is causing these issues.

For example one member was getting movies with torrents. They had the oddest issues but they didn't reveal this till much later. Once we uninstalled the torrent and the pests and freed up some disc space the machine worked.

But as you can imagine they didn't learn from the experience and within a month were posting with a new issue. Turns out the same causes and this time it was a rootkit. They didn't want to buy the tool that fixes that so they had to restore to the factory install.

Your posts are very interesting to me as you are like many others and I'd like to see how you find a solution. I have a solution to all those issues but fear you were looking for something else.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.