The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Buzz Out Loud Podcast=THE NEW MAC PODCAST!!

by finnamerican / September 18, 2006 6:19 AM PDT

For the past six months I have been a great fan of Buzz Out Loud. I love the style of the show, the length is perfect and the information seems to be some of the best out there. At this point I should mention that I am a serious mac addict and not the biggest fan of Molly (sorry, but you bash Mac and Apple products way to much). Anyways, imagine my surprise when I tune into Buzz Out Loud everyday last week and get ENDLESS talk of all things Mac!! Even from Molly. Mac this, Mac that...I LOVED it. You guys should totally set aside like 5-10 each podcast for mac stuff because seriously...most kids today are mac users and your style of podcast attracts us 20 and 30 somethings out there (I'm a 20something grad student by the way and macs are EVERYWHERE on campus). I love the news, I love the conversations, throw in more Mac talk and you will have the best podcast out there (my current favorite is Inside Mac and...PCMag might even surpase you guys because they talk Mac...get with the program!! Love the podcast, keep up the good work and Molly...lay off already...Mac is not the devil

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Buzz Out Loud Podcast=THE NEW MAC PODCAST!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Buzz Out Loud Podcast=THE NEW MAC PODCAST!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Mac != Best technology
by LifeStar / September 18, 2006 6:57 AM PDT

Now before I get flamed, let me say that I do believe that Apple has some nice quality products. The only thing I find ANNOYING is when people want the BOL crew to simply talk about a product just because of the company that makes it.

Apple is a fine company and Jobs definitely does deserve some recognition for bringing his old company out of the pit of death, but lets not make Apple into this utopian company. The company has its flaws, shortfalls, and occasional hiccups like every other company out there. They do got style, but setting aside 5-10 min on BOL just to talk about Mac stuff isn't gonna make BOL the best podcast.

It already is!

Collapse -
We have a 33% Mac representation in TMV
by cardsbb9 / September 18, 2006 7:24 AM PDT

More than enough for a company that carries only an 8% market share!

Collapse -
I agree
by awinn233 / September 18, 2006 7:49 AM PDT

I think they devote enough time to Apple as it is, although they may not get the facts right all the time. Molly doesn't like Apple and I'm fine with that as long as she doesn't put a negative spin on every Apple story.

Collapse -
please, no.
by udayan71 / September 18, 2006 7:47 AM PDT

I say this because while I love Macs and use pretty exclusively Apple machines, I don't at all like the idea of segmenting the show. In the past we've had things like the Microsoft Reform Watch and such, they didn't last.

Apple has enough events and press coverage to generally get a lot of BOL time anyway, making it official puts pressure on finding inane stuff on slow-Mac-news-days; just take a look at for an example of this.

Collapse -
Most kids use Macs?
by archaeo1 / September 18, 2006 7:47 AM PDT

Where did you find this info?

Collapse -
I think he/she meant...
by awinn233 / September 18, 2006 7:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Most kids use Macs?

That mostly younger people use macs. From what I've seen at my school, I have to agree. I'd bet that Apple has a much higher market share among college students than the general population.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Ok, makes more sense!
by archaeo1 / September 18, 2006 8:22 AM PDT
Collapse -
Collage Students?
by imackid / September 18, 2006 11:09 AM PDT

I donno much about collage but I know that my whole middle school and elemetery school uses Macs! (I'm in 7th and the school is K-8)

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) The Mac cult is the devil
by AndyInTN / September 18, 2006 8:00 AM PDT
Collapse -
Tux the penguin is cute
by shantanubala / September 19, 2006 1:33 PM PDT

Honestly though, Linux is huge, and it's awesome. All they need to work on is the usability, and pretty soon we'll see your average consumer with a Linux Box instead of a Windows or a Mac.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I thought President Bush was the devil
by awinn233 / September 21, 2006 2:32 AM PDT
Collapse -
Close, but not quite...
by payshunz / September 25, 2006 12:22 AM PDT

Actually, there is no Mac Cult. The only real cult out there is the one consisting of Windows users who hate all things Macintosh.

Wouldn't call them 'the devil', just misinformed and unenlightened.

Collapse -
More MAC Truth
by Oakraidr / September 18, 2006 11:26 PM PDT

They can spend 5 min out of the "indetermened" length, as long as they list the problems with a MAC.

I honestly thought about switching till I listened to BOL.

MAC and the heating Prob, the discolorations, the inability to use older software, iTunes crashes machines, no 3 button mouse.

Thanks BOL for saving me some money. Back to a PC where I know I don;t have to go visit a genius at a bar to fix it. I can do it myself.

Collapse -
And THIS is the problem with BOL...
by payshunz / September 25, 2006 1:00 AM PDT
In reply to: More MAC Truth

...NOT the fact that they report on Apple's problems but rather the 'twist' they add to that reporting.

I don't have a problem with reporting that SOME users have issues with iTunes 7, but they twist it into pretty much saying iTunes is the worst piece of software out there and to stay away. FYI I don't have ANY problem with iTunes 7. Same with Apple laptops. They have 8 people call in with problems (and yes, they most likely have an issue with their laptop) and voila! They twist this into 'With all these problems with Mac laptops, I'd never buy one'.

And people like YOU buy that. What, you're not capable of doing any research yourself? You rely on a single podcast to tell you what's good, what's bad? Apple has had issues with laptops. So has Dell. So has IBM. So has Sony. So you're not gonna buy ANY laptop? Or just exclude laptops that BOL whines about?

Using BOL's reasoning, no one should buy Windows XP (and most likely Vista) because of the issues/flaws/problems with it. Or are you, like BOL, just being overly cautious of only Apple's products and let all the rest slide?

I don't have any problem with WHAT BOL reports on (including problems with Apple products). I rather enjoy when they humorously chastise a company for issues with their products. I just wish they'd keep the 'snideness' out of these chastisements when they bring up issues with Apple products.

(snide: Derogatory in a malicious, superior way.)

Sigh. And you were most likely just trolling anyway. When will I learn...

Collapse -
He, nothing ignites wrath like insulting your religion
by cardsbb9 / September 25, 2006 4:55 AM PDT

Yes, I said "religion" - that is what the Apple Cult feels like. That is how you react.

Just like the hundreds of thousdands of Muslims who reacted to the cartoons critisizing Islam, the members of the Apple Cult react whenever anyone critisizes the icons of their religion.

This is degenerating into another "war" like the home-computer war of days gone by.

But, Apple is bringing it upon themselves with the "I'm a Mac" ads and the splashy product announcements. Yet, the members of the Apple Cult get surprised when people react.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) ...a recent poll shows 87% of non-radical Muslims use M
by payshunz / September 25, 2006 12:00 PM PDT
Collapse -
Does anyone read Consumer Reports?
by johnjacob356 / September 25, 2006 4:23 PM PDT
In reply to: More MAC Truth

In response to this last post:

Consumer Reports consistently rates Apple products (ie laptops) with the highest customer satisfaction and with the least amount of serviced repairs of any brand of personal computer... I believe now a couple years in a row. Yes, there have been some Janky issues with Apple.

I'm a recent convert from PC to Mac and cannot believe I wasted all my time with what I believe now to be substandard products with a substandard operating system. It astonishes me that Microsoft has been allowed to languish this long when there are better OS's out there.

I have a intel Imac with an apple airport extreme and a 30 gig vid ipod. I have never had much if any issues with any Mac/Apple product (other than Cnet's podcast crashing my ipod with itunes 7)...

AND, all three of them use/own apple computers and have an ipod!

Oh, and all new Apples have a three button mouse... just like a pc...

Collapse -
This is why I hate mac fanboys!
by robstak / September 19, 2006 12:24 AM PDT

that post was borderline inappropriate as much as it was innaccurate. c'mon ppl. the scary obsessed thing is not cool.

Collapse -
I agree
by digirebel / September 24, 2006 10:17 PM PDT

If you love your gear and technology, fine. Don't assume everyone else loves it or start yelling down people's throat or think you're better than others because a piece of technology works for you. There are plenty of Apple netcasts out there, if you want to listen to one, subscribe to those. Don't hijack one that's doing great and has a good following already. I think apple gets appropriate time as it is.

Collapse -
pet peeve of mine
by awinn233 / September 19, 2006 7:11 AM PDT

Only computers made by Apple may be referred to as Macs. Anything else that is made by Apple that is not a computer should not be referred to as a Mac. Although not mentioned, the iPod should never be referred to as just "iPod." Always use "the" in front of "iPod."

Collapse -
i have a "the" ipod?
by finnamerican / September 19, 2006 11:16 AM PDT
In reply to: pet peeve of mine

Um, seriously....uh. no..dont' think so!!

Collapse -
"an" iPod - I think the point is....
by cardsbb9 / September 19, 2006 11:23 AM PDT
In reply to: i have a "the" ipod?

Don't forget the article in front of the noun.

It makes you sound like English was a second language.

Collapse -
That is what I meant
by awinn233 / September 19, 2006 12:22 PM PDT

I was going to add on where appropriate, but I forgot.

Collapse -
by finnamerican / September 24, 2006 11:29 AM PDT

no, I responding to the previous post. he said ''the'' ipod. In that sentence, if I were to say a the ipod, that would be correct. I understood him to say you must use ''the'' before ipod. I would say an ipod (as an goes before words with vowels but I was confused with his ''the'' ipod and the usage. Not illiterate dude

Collapse -
I think awinn233 meant....
by cardsbb9 / September 24, 2006 2:56 PM PDT
In reply to: misunderstanding

Always use a definite article (the, an) in front of iPod.

Collapse -
So, wait, -- who says "I own Mac G4"?? Tarzan?
by juhlster1021 / September 24, 2006 3:42 PM PDT

I think most people would say "I own a Mac," using the article appropriately. Especially people with enough money to actually own one. Let's not let the whole thread veer into inanity.

Collapse -
Read the first post.... It said....
by cardsbb9 / September 24, 2006 11:40 PM PDT

The first post in this thread ended with "Mac is not the devil"

Which is slightly ambigious (would have been more so if not for the context of the rest of the post).

It should have been "the Mac is not the devil".

Collapse -
Pirate show
by Oakraidr / September 20, 2006 12:49 AM PDT

Today Pirate show was ALL about iTunes. and how bad it is screwed up. Dude, you are getting your Wish.

Collapse -
Enjoying it while I can
by finnamerican / September 20, 2006 10:16 PM PDT
In reply to: Pirate show

Hey, I'll take it1 No matter how much they bash update is coming and the bashing won't compare to the lashing Vista will take in...when is the release date again?... I keep forgetting, it's out in 2009...right? But that nice Zune is at the top of my Christmas!!

Collapse -
by Oakraidr / September 21, 2006 1:15 AM PDT

Why are you bashing MS?

Oh thats right your a MAC fanboy. You will do it no matter what they do.

I Do Not Care about Apple/MS/Linux/IBM/Dell/.....
I use what works for me. I do not live or die by one company. And you are foolish to do the same.

If Steve Jobs asked you to defned his company, you are doing a good job, ask for a raise. If not; you are wasting your time. Go save a whale instead and let Apple enjoy their press release.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.