Small business & Startups forum

General discussion

Business Trends For 2014

by Business356 / March 11, 2013 1:11 PM PDT

Im just wondering if anyone has any predictions on where business technology is headed into this year and the next. Any unforeseen trends that could play a vital role?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Business Trends For 2014
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Business Trends For 2014
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just one.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 12, 2013 5:26 AM PDT

Around here the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend is also causing a decline in IT needs. You would think it would have had the opposite effect.

Maybe this is like the old machinist trade where the machinist would have their own tools at the job?
Bob

Collapse -
Technology Will Enhance always
by DataEntryIndia / March 27, 2013 7:03 PM PDT

Future business will need more advance technologies to meet the growing need of secure, authentic, quick and accurate business solutions. Whether you are in BPO, IT, Services or professional or running a corporate business technology influence every aspect of business today. A simple data entry service provider also uses comprehensive range of tools, software and technology to deliver best results.

Collapse -
New technologies will be introduced
by Maya459 / March 27, 2013 8:24 PM PDT

We will find that we are being introduced to new technologies to this year. Various technologies will be launched in coming years. Mobiles and other Gadgets will be seen with variety of new features and using some new technology.

Collapse -
busines
by sudhir221 / April 5, 2013 5:51 PM PDT

Future business will take more advance technology to improve fast.

Collapse -
Ease of use, accessibility and outsourcing
by GarryPonus / April 13, 2013 4:46 PM PDT
In reply to: busines

To my way of thinking, the trends for 2014 are pretty much a continuation of what we're already seeing - just more of it. There'll be more of a focus on ease of use and accessibility - the easier IT is to use and the more accessible it is (mobile devices, in your car, at home etc), the more that trend will grow.

The other trend that will only continue is outsourcing IT functions. In fact, for some IT functions in the western world, I would be a bit worried when it is so cheap and easy to get IT services outsourced and online for a fraction of the price.

Garry Ponus

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove signature link which is prohibited in these forums on 04/15/2013 at 9:26 AM PT

Collapse -
Innovative thinking will translate to new technology
by technokrats / April 23, 2013 7:42 PM PDT

I believe that the future will be laid with thoughtful innovations and creative experiences, much like the launch of Google Glass.

Collapse -
I am not seeing the common theme...
by techwizardsolutions / May 4, 2013 5:12 AM PDT

Though many have hit on the subject I haven't seen any reply that specifically states reasoning in most businesses. If there has been and I missed it my apologies.

The technology trends in business are much slower to come about than they do with individuals or homes. The mentality in business remains consistent unless it is a business that relies on that new technology in order to be able to do their primary business.

As an example, though it is a most rare thing to come across in 2013, there were a number of companies that carried their AS/400 systems into the 21st century. In fact there are still job openings for RPG programmers still out there. Why? At some point between 1988 and forward the company made what they considered to be a large investment to install and implement the system. Their current workflow is designed around the system and all of the information the company has. In order to change or modernize it is not only an initial cost of system replacement it is also training and confidence costs of employees, possibility of lost production or even worse in order to change. This reinforces the "if its not broke don't fix it" attitude of the bean counters or money handlers of the company who have more influence on the decision makers than the IT gurus do.

Companies are still using WIndows XP not because Windows 7 isn't a good change but because it costs money and time to do so. It will be quite some time before the average business even seriously considers upgrading to Winows 8 without there being a pressing and mandatory reason.

Collapse -
business trend 2014
by justinkemp / May 5, 2013 7:20 PM PDT

Upcoming business trend is the online or ecommerce stores. The online business has seen an amazingly faster growth in the past few years. Easy set up and online payment gateways are making it popular among the entrepreneur as well as users. Thousands of products and 24/7 open shop allow user to buy whatever they want from their home. Easy online shopping is definitely a new business to look forward to.

Collapse -
new business technology
by iminmessaging / May 9, 2013 7:33 PM PDT

Business technology is rapidly changing and new trends are coming in. The cloud has the potential for broad long-term impact in most industries.

Collapse -
Business trends 2014
by Basilwilliams / June 9, 2013 3:44 PM PDT

I believe and according to my thinking the trends for 2014 will be thoughtful innovations and creative experiences, because business trends are rapidly changing and new trends are coming in.

Collapse -
Definitely look at the IT industry.
by carloborja / October 3, 2013 3:46 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.