Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Burst.net Reviews?

by ilovefcp / March 31, 2009 6:27 AM PDT

Anybody has used Burst.net ? Any good bad reviews about this company ? we are planning to take some dedicate servers from them

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Burst.net Reviews?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Burst.net Reviews?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by rupeshnarvekar1977 / May 2, 2009 12:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Burst.net Reviews?

I use them , they are not the most friendliest folks out there, but overall good value for money. Try their sister company Noscter, they have better price for the Same service.

Collapse -
Burst issues
by ilovefcp / May 21, 2009 11:15 PM PDT
In reply to: Burst.net

So i went ahead and bought 1 server from burst and last week it crashed for hardware failure, just a month old server crashed. Luckily I had backup secondary harddisk.

The Tech was good and supporting, but I wonder what kind of hardware they use, which crashes so soon.

This is there response....

The drive that the server is booting from has failed, running fsck did not fix the errors so the server will need to be reinstalled onto a new drive.

Please choose from the following options:
Data Recovery:

Option 1. BurstNET may assist with data recovery for the rate of $65.00 an hour. This is billed in 15 minute increments. BurstNET cannot guarantee full, or even partial, recovery should the server(s) data be corrupted or compromised, but will work to the limit of their abilities to restore data.

Option 2. BurstNET may reinstall on a new hard drive, mount the old primary drive as a slave and allow the customer to retrieve/restore data. After 72 hours the physical drive will be removed from the reinstallation.

Option 3. BurstNET may reinstall on the current primary/new hard drive, all necessary backups have been completed successfully by the customer. The customer will retrieve/restore data without assistance from BurstNET.

Hardware Failure: All operating systems, supported and non-supported, as well as software/configurations installed prior by BurstNET, will be reinstalled at no additional cost to the client, in the case of failed hardware.

Further information regarding BurstNET Managed Services Definition & Backup Policy can be viewed at: http://www.burst.net/policy/managed.shtml

Thank you,
Daniel Stevens
BurstNET Technologies

Collapse -
by ali22122 / December 11, 2009 5:04 PM PST

Stay a way from Burst.Net

They are the most bad company in the world.

I was their customer for 2months, and my server was down more than 5hr per day,

Their network is SUCKS, and the support is very Slow,

They even don't know how to respect the client, they are so rude guys...

Stay a way...

Collapse -
Burst.Net is the worst network, vps and web provider!
by truecall / June 6, 2011 1:40 AM PDT
In reply to: BURST.NET SUCKS

My name is Tim, and I work for a company that was looking to duplicate our servers for disaster recovery and BCP purposes.

We decided to give BurstNet a shot and it was horrible. Their VPS services is ONLY good if you want to setup a proof of concept system or test configurations. Do NOT expect reliability and uptime.

We purchased 5 VPS machines to test out our telephony and web configurations as a testing phase.

1 Machine lost all data and had to be restored from network backup.

3 Machines had less than 80% network uptime

1 Machine had packet loss of 50% or greater for an entire weekend.

Over the weekend, BurstNet support stated that they would have to move the ticket to their tier 1 support who does not work on the weekends.

Can you believe that they do not have network architects at least on call?

I have worked in the network industry for over 18 years and I know that I have NEVER seen a company so unorganized in my entire life.

If all you want is a testing platform, then burstnet is cheap. But don't expect reliability or availability.

Collapse -
Beware the VPS!!!
by ajginfla / October 17, 2011 11:13 AM PDT
In reply to: BURST.NET SUCKS

Initially I was happy with the service, but about a week ago a bunch of Windows updates pushed to the servers brought everything to a complete and total standstill, and I was unable to start the server at all. Email to the support desk got me a stern message:"*** We ask that you DO NOT try to restart updates or reboot the service. This will only complicate the situation and may lead to extended inaccessibility."Yeah, that helped a bunch, so it took 4 days, and the updates still have not finished?Support ticket to the Billing department has gone unanswered.

Collapse -
by Karaokex66 / October 30, 2011 1:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Beware the VPS!!!

STAY AWAY!!! I had a server with them and they SUCK BIG TIME!!! DOWNTIME, and a lot of hardware issues!!!

Collapse -
by vidpod / January 27, 2012 11:52 PM PST

I have never encountered a company with such disdain for their customers. Their customer support is condescending, unprofessional and rude.

They are cheap, but so are many others. You would be much better off to look elsewhere.

I wish someone had warned me.

Collapse -
They suck!
by jjjhan / April 21, 2012 12:31 PM PDT

They suck!

They are the Only people who have trouble dealing with recurring payments which I setup, and verified with them that it's working, and have their support email proving they were satisfied. It seems that is not the case no matter what I did to try and resolve it.

Anyhow, they shut me down, no email, no phone-call, nothing! Just like that.

Fortunately, this was a backup server as I would never use a disreputable (not allowed to say the real "inappropriate" word) company like this for a primary server, still, all my rsync scripts and stuff are no longer there. "

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.