TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Burning DVDs to play on Panasonic DMP-BD605 Blu Ray Player

by cherjo / September 20, 2010 3:36 AM PDT

I am trying to burn some DVDs of my photos and videos to play on my Panasonic Blu Ray player, and I get the message that the disc is not compatible with the player. Which type of DVDs do I need to burn to be compatible with the player?

I am using Sony DVD-Rs, and also tried Fujifilm DVD+Rs. It won't accept either one.

I am burning them on my PC, and it does format the disc before hand (automatically). Is that the problem, and if so, how do I get around it?

If anyone can lead me thru the steps to do this, I would be most appreciative!
Thanks in advance
Cheryl

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Burning DVDs to play on Panasonic DMP-BD605 Blu Ray Player
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Burning DVDs to play on Panasonic DMP-BD605 Blu Ray Player
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
According to the spec.,
by ahtoi / September 20, 2010 4:23 AM PDT

it should be capable of playing any types. You are putting both photos and video on the same disc? What program do you use and is the disc finalize?

Collapse -
Thanks, ahtoi, for your quick reply!
by cherjo / September 20, 2010 5:15 AM PDT

I tried discs with just videos, and one mixed. I basically "copy and pasted" them onto the DVD. And no, I didn't finalize the disc. How do you do that?? Thanks so much for your help.
Cheryl

Collapse -
"copy and paste" (data disc format)...
by ahtoi / September 20, 2010 12:12 PM PDT

maybe the reason why it doesn't work. Here is what I saw in the spec.; dvd-vr, dvd-video, jpeg(HD), avchd. You need programs that can burn the dvd in these formats for the player to play.

Collapse -
Thanks ahtoi!
by cherjo / September 21, 2010 12:55 AM PDT

Any suggestions on which programs to use to burn it? I had tried using the RealPlayer program for burning, and it isn't working for some reason. Which program do you use? Does it automatically finalize the disc when its finished? Thanks so much for all your help and patience!
Cheryl

Collapse -
You have sd memory card or usb flashdrive?
by ahtoi / September 21, 2010 2:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks ahtoi!

You can copy and paste jpeg photos to it and see if it plays or not (it should).

Collapse -
DVD Flick is a nice basic program for videos
by Pepe7 / September 21, 2010 12:56 AM PDT

For various video formats to DVD, I'd suggest DVD Flick. It's free, and is a no frills application that should work. For photo slideshows you are treading into more complicated waters since some formats don't always end up playable on all (normally) compatible DVD players. That part may require a little more trial and error to get the program that works w/ your panny player. Luckily there are about a million 'slideshow' applications, some of which are free to download and use. Some of the trials actually do enough to at least test it out fully for 30 days.

Collapse -
Thanks Pepe7!
by cherjo / September 21, 2010 1:18 AM PDT

I'll check out that one and see what I can do with it!
Cheryl

Collapse -
SUCCESS!
by cherjo / September 25, 2010 11:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks Pepe7!

Thanks so much for all your help ahtoi, and pepe7! I had time to play around with DVD Flick this afternoon, and was able to get the DVDs to work in my DVD player and the Blu Ray player.
Cheryl

Collapse -
SUCCESS!
by cherjo / September 25, 2010 11:46 AM PDT

Thanks ahtoi and pepe7 for all your help! I was able to play around with DVD Flick this afternoon, and the DVDs work in my DVD player and the Blu Ray player.
Cheryl

Collapse -
dvd flick
by studer1002 / January 11, 2011 10:44 AM PST

Cheryl

Did your downloaded movies start playing on your panasonic blue ray after you burned them with DVD Flick? I did that and after an hour or so the same error came up in my panasonic blue ray saying disk is not compatible. HELP

Thanks Ken

Collapse -
thank you
by videoiphone4 / October 2, 2010 12:14 PM PDT

you can find it easy to burn 1080p videos to Blu-ray DVD for playback on DVD player with Aunsoft Video converter for mac.

Collapse -
Burn Panasonic Videos to Blu-ray DVD with iDVD
by videoiphone4 / October 2, 2010 12:04 PM PDT

The Panasonic series includes three models of HD camcorders: HDC-SD700K, HDC-TM700K , HDC-HS700K and DMP-BD605 with 3MOS sensor for high quality videos and images. The Panasonic 700 series can record 1920x1080 videos with 60 fps 28Mbps in progressive mode and AVCHD compliant 17Mpbs videos. However, DVD player does not work with the native .mts files, and we should burn Panasonic HD Videos to DVD.

It is great to know that Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac works with 1080p videos from Panasonic camcorders. It is no longer a hard task burning Panasonic videos to DVD with iDVD. The Mac Panasonic video converter also includes fast video editing functions like trimming/splitting, merging/joining .mts before importing to iDVD.
Follow the steps below, and you can find it easy to burn 1080p videos to DVD for playback on DVD player, which is hooked with TV.

Collapse -
I feel like I have been spammed twice (n/t)
by Pepe7 / October 2, 2010 12:54 PM PDT

n/t

Collapse -
COPYING DVD'S TO PLAY ON MY PANASONIC BLUE RAY PLAYER
by taysgma / January 22, 2014 2:50 AM PST

I'm with you, friend! I have dvd's of home movies that I have created. I've downloaded six different programs to attempt to copy these. They copy successfully, but will not play on my computer or blue ray player. Blue ray says: "This operation not available"...I've been at this for two days and am very frustrated at this point!!! Anyone have any suggestions???
Mylo

Collapse -
This thread is more than 1220 days old.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 22, 2014 2:53 AM PST

While an UNPROTECTED Video DVD should be easy to duplicate with say "ImgBurn" the problem I encounter is that folk try this with Nero/other and copy the "files" but not the Video DVD.
Bob

Collapse -
(NT) Suggestion: DVD Flick (free download)
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 22, 2014 2:55 AM PST
Collapse -
More specifics please
by Pepe7 / January 22, 2014 3:55 AM PST

Be as detailed as possible about everything, and perhaps we can assist. Otherwise, we can only guess at what you are working with exactly.

Collapse -
"but will not play on my computer",
by Oldartq / January 23, 2014 1:59 AM PST

this suggest to me maybe the dvd wasn't made correctly. We can't tell you the problem because we don't know the software you use or how it's made. Regular store bought dvd played ok on the BDplayer?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.