Windows 7 forum

Question

BSOD BCCode: a

by shilea_1 / December 21, 2012 9:55 PM PST

I have windows 7 home version 64 bit. More and more my computer is not booting up. I've recently replaced the hard drive and yet there still seems to be problems. Here's what my "Windows has recovered from an unexpected error" box tells me...

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF80002EE8F74
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\122212-20654-01.dmp
C:\Users\Wilson\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-44553-0.sysdata.xml

Please note, I am NO computer genius and I need things explained to me in step by step idiot directions Happy Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've taken my computer to "experts" twice and they don't seem to fix it, so I figure might as well give it a shot myself.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BSOD BCCode: a
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BSOD BCCode: a
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Blue screen etc.
by pgc3 / December 21, 2012 11:00 PM PST
In reply to: BSOD BCCode: a

More information might help, type of system, hardware specs, how windows was loaded to new drive. Did the system run well prior to the original incident, if not what symptoms were shown. The info you show isn't enough to do much with.

Collapse -
more info
by shilea_1 / December 21, 2012 11:21 PM PST
In reply to: Blue screen etc.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer: HP-Paviolion
System Model: AZ220AV-ABA HPE-150t
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, 2668 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 5.07, 12/21/2009
SMBIOS Version: 2.6
Windows Directory: C:\Windows
System Directory: C:\Windows/system 32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume2

More general info about the problem:
A few months ago my computer started shutting itself off and/or going into sleep mode and wouldn't wake up. I originally thought it was the graphics card or a motherboard issue from my own research and the fact that anytime I attempted to play a large file game it would shut down. I wasn't sure this was the problem so we decided to take it somewhere.

They told me it was the hard drive and replaced it. It worked better but still was going into sleep mode without waking back up. So I took it back and they informed me it just needed cleaned. When I got it back it seemed to be working better but they had adjusted it to simply never go into sleep mode. Well, I readjusted that as to me that wasn't a fix for the problem, it was more of an avoidance of the problem. So now the problem happens when turning the computer on. Sometimes it won't boot and it goes through the task of attempting to fix itself, which never works. I end up just forcing it to shut down and restarting it again. Most times it will boot at this point and that is when I get the above info. in the windows has had an unexpected error...

Hopefully the above info will help... if you need more just let me know and I will try to provide it!

Thank you so much!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.