Mac OS forum

General discussion

browser failure

by seratan / December 31, 2012 11:19 AM PST

browser will not open up all the way. I have three browers and it happens to all of them at the same time. does anybody have an answer

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: browser failure
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: browser failure
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A little more detail would be nice.
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / December 31, 2012 10:24 PM PST
In reply to: browser failure

What does "not open up all the way" actually mean?

What are the 3 browsers?

Why are you launching 3 browsers, all at the same time.

What website, if any, are trying to get to?

What version of OS X are you using?

That will do for starters

P

Collapse -
browser
by seratan / December 31, 2012 11:44 PM PST
In reply to: browser failure

First of all I am on leopard 10.5.8 and the three browsers I have are safari,sea monkey and
camino. I am not trying to launch the browsers at the same time. What I mean is that if I try to put
camino on line it takes a long time to open up and I see it still loading and never stops. I can get to other
areas but when I have a video to come on. it never does. That is what I mean about it does load up
properly. When this happens I cancel caminio and I put on safari and the same thing is with it.
I then try to put on sea monkey with the same results.
But when one of the browsers opens up correctly. it seems that the other two are also loading up the same way/
I hope you can under stand what I am writing and what I am trying to find out why does the browsers get
corrupted.

Collapse -
As I understand you,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / January 1, 2013 8:49 PM PST
In reply to: browser

when you launch any of your browsers, you can go to most websites but you get this problem when you go to a website that has video content.
Is that correct?

As you do not seem to have any problem with getting to this CNET site, I doubt that the problem is your browsers "not loading" correctly.

Could you give us the address of one of the sites that your browsers have a problem with?

P

Collapse -
nbc news
by seratan / January 1, 2013 10:39 PM PST
In reply to: As I understand you,

when I got on to nbc the videos would not open up. and on comino any site that has a video it also will not open.

Collapse -
The Problem is NBC
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 7:22 AM PST
In reply to: nbc news

Just tried it with the latest Flash player installed and it failed to show video.

Just the warning that Flash was required

P

Collapse -
install flash player
by seratan / January 2, 2013 9:56 AM PST
In reply to: The Problem is NBC

Does this mean that since I have a ppc mac and not an intel vesion that I can no longer see
videos on nbc

Collapse -
browser
by seratan / January 2, 2013 4:28 PM PST
In reply to: install flash player

I found out that nbc videos work only on safari.

Collapse -
Not on mine, but then again,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 8:40 PM PST
In reply to: browser

I don't watch video on NBC anyway.

P

Collapse -
One wonders how anyone here was supposed
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 8:43 PM PST
In reply to: install flash player

to know that you were using an old Mac?

Had you not felt it unnecessary to mention this small detail, despite the large red note at the bottom of every post, we could have moved on much faster.

The answer to your question is: Probably. Unless they support older Flash players, you may be out of luck

P

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.