Peripherals forum

Resolved Question

Brother printer will not connect to wireless network

by Gamul1 / September 30, 2012 12:14 AM PDT

Hi - my printer was connected to my home wireless network just fine until recently. I decided to change my network SSID and Network Key to something more easily remembered and now my printer will not connect to the network. I keep getting error TS-05 that the SSID and/or password are not matching.

My old network was using a 64 bit HEX key which had a 10 digit password in HEX. When I first changed it, I went to ASCII 64 bit which used a 5 digit password. When that did not work I tried ASCII 128 bit with a 13 digit password but again that did not work. Then I went back to HEX 64 bit with a 10 digit password but that is still not working. The other change I made as to change the SSID from some generic 5 digit code (LZST3) to a new one (MulnoFamily).

All of my other devices have been able to connect to each of the above network changes just fine. this is multiple laptops, iPad and Android tablets, etc. None of those have any issue with any of the changes I have made. Only the Brother printer is not talking any longer.

any help on this?

Gamul1 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer »
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Brother printer will not connect to wireless network
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Brother printer will not connect to wireless network
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer as chosen by Gamul1

Collapse -
Resolved
by Gamul1 / September 30, 2012 5:10 AM PDT

ok - I ended up resetting the modem back to factory settings which put back the SSID and password. that allowed it to work again. I then changed just the password and the printer was still able to reconnect.

So - I am not sure if it did not like the SSID I was trying to use or if something else happened but I can live with the weird SSID but a password that works for me.

Thanks everyone.

Collapse -
Answer
additional info
by Gamul1 / September 30, 2012 12:17 AM PDT

I should add, although I do not think it matters - my computer is a Windows Vista computer. But again, I am trying to connect this wireless directly - like it was before.

Collapse -
Answer
WEP is like that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 30, 2012 1:11 AM PDT

It's another reason I move to WPA2.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.