Samsung forum

Boot up problem (Samsung Galaxy Y Duos)

by hoBEAT45 / November 27, 2012 4:19 AM PST

Hello there,
I have a phone which is Samsung Galaxy Y Duos and I had it for almost half a year. My problem is that whenever I boot up my phone, it usually load and prepare the apps, scan my SD card for media and other files etc. but after all of these when I tried to unlock my phone by swiping the screen, I couldn't unlock it and it gets stuck or even that I had unlocked it, the screen gets stuck and all of these gets my system to reboot again for two times and it powers off. I've managed to switch on my phone again and it gets back to normal. This problem is persistently occurring and I don't see anything or any problem that happened or I have done to my phone. My recent activities before this issue happened was I opened the Sysdump(by dialling *#9900# and opens it) and I select "copy to SD card" and it transfers the dump files to my SD card so that it decreases its usage from my internal memory as it is so low. Other one is my phone is rooted but I'd done it successfully and with out any problems. I also often switch off and on my phone for many times in a day for other reasons. Please send me your solutions and tips to cure my phone's issue. Thank You.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Boot up problem (Samsung Galaxy Y Duos)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Boot up problem (Samsung Galaxy Y Duos)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
No cure. But an observation.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 27, 2012 4:33 AM PST

You wrote about internal memory being low. Did you uninstall as many apps as you could?

The issue with failing boots is a pretty widespread Android issue when memory is low. That issue is not a Samsung one and some folk are only beginners with this OS. That is, they need others to explain to them that it's a common issue and to uninstall more apps.

Collapse -
This wasn't the problem
by hoBEAT45 / November 27, 2012 4:44 AM PST

My phone has still enough memory to install apps and I already had my internal memory low before this issue happened. But how having low internal memory could affect the booting up of android phones.

Collapse -
Then you get to do the next thing.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 27, 2012 4:52 AM PST

Reset to factory and see if it's some app.

I'm not sure if you are asking how low internal memory could affect the booting up of android phones or not. It's been discussed and I can't add more to those prior discussions.

Collapse -
Let me repeat some prior part of the prior discussion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 27, 2012 4:57 AM PST

You can still install apps with low internal memory and re-create the problem. It can confuse most and even I wish there were more guards against the low memory issues.

For example, and I can only talk up to about 3.x where text messaging fails with under 100MB free memory. It seems odd that that much free memory is needed for a hundred byte message.

This OS is far from perfected.

Collapse -
Ok I'll try but....
by hoBEAT45 / November 27, 2012 5:06 AM PST

I know this will wipe out and format/delete all of my apps, games, files etc. in my phone memory but I'm not sure how can I backup my data and restore it again after the factory reset because half or other data or the memory of my apps and games are placed in my SD card and the rest are in the internal memory.

Collapse -
I rarely do this reset.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 27, 2012 5:10 AM PST
In reply to: Ok I'll try but....

Usually I find removing apps to help. But if folk can't do that then we do the reset and format the memory card.

Sorry if I don't go over all the usual such as unplugging the memory card, uninstalling apps, etc.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.