The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

BOL meetup this Thursday in San Francisco!

by mollywood CNET staff / April 29, 2008 2:48 AM PDT
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BOL meetup this Thursday in San Francisco!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BOL meetup this Thursday in San Francisco!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) YAY! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there! :)
by shawnlin / April 29, 2008 3:34 AM PDT
Collapse -
I am going to miss it.
by Sandman3030 / April 29, 2008 8:15 AM PDT

It is really kick *** that you are guys are doing this. I sadly will not be able to make it cause I don't go to San Fransisco till the 24th.

Collapse -
Chico is only a short drive away
by aaronchico / April 29, 2008 11:36 AM PDT

I don't think I'll be able to make this as I sadly don't live in SF anymore. You could, like, totally come to Chico and do a meetup here! I can think of 10 people that would come, and 9 of them are me.

Collapse -
Sounds like fun...
by Doug Hammond / April 30, 2008 5:10 AM PDT

Too bad I live in Minneapolis... I hope you guys get a good turnout!

Collapse -
San Jose
by chustar / April 30, 2008 10:34 AM PDT

Hey people! San Jose! When are you guys going to do a San Jose meetup? Here at SJSU we can't afford to go all the way to San Francisco. Come up, Buzz town!

Collapse -
International Meet ups?
by DaveBinM / April 30, 2008 6:21 PM PDT

Could be fun!

Collapse -
Maybe
by chris2x / May 1, 2008 3:30 AM PDT

I am not sure I can make it today yet. That pesky day job does get in the way. Happy

Chris the podcaster

Collapse -
Dang it, can't make it
by emacauley / May 1, 2008 7:27 AM PDT

I'd love to be there, especially since it is Shalin's birthday, but alas I have a prior engagement of curling in Fremont.

Happy birthday Shalin!

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks EasyE! ;)
by shawnlin / May 6, 2008 11:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Dang it, can't make it
Collapse -
URL for stream?
by amandafrench / May 1, 2008 8:05 AM PDT

Hey, I plan to watch the meetup (wish I could come), but I haven't seen or heard the URL mentioned anywhere. Will it be on ustream or watchbol.com or CNET TV or where? Sorry if I missed that info somewhere glaring.

Collapse -
BOL meetup is streaming
by ktreb / May 1, 2008 10:53 AM PDT

via Andrew Mager

http://live.yahoo.com/andrew

Can't really see much (a whole lotta Andrew, LOI)...it's kind of dark, but noisy. Like a bar should be! Happy

Collapse -
that was cool
by timandra / May 1, 2008 12:44 PM PDT

That was way cool. I blame you guys for my excessive drinking tonight. Now, umm, whom do I blame for the last 20 years on.......

Collapse -
ha ha
by ktreb / May 1, 2008 12:57 PM PDT
In reply to: that was cool

i drank a couple glasses of wine myself (i am/was Katie in the chat). now off for a run, but it's looking a little dark out there.

Collapse -
The best thing after drinking is... running?
by jthrock / May 2, 2008 1:39 AM PDT
In reply to: ha ha

Last thing I want to do after drinking some sweet boxed wine is to run.

Good for you... pass me another bag of chips and beer.

Collapse -
i didn't drink much
by ktreb / May 2, 2008 1:49 AM PDT

And it ended up being a speed walk rather than a run. I always say I'm going for a run, but it rarely happens. And it's my BOL time. Can't miss that!

Collapse -
BOL meetup LIVE
by ktreb / May 1, 2008 11:51 AM PDT

it's a little quiet in chatroom, look at my previous post for link

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.