The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

BOL 1000th ep. congrats, comments, etc. pile-on thread :)

by shmody / June 17, 2009 8:59 AM PDT

BOL 1000th ep. congrats, comments, etc. pile-on thread Happy

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BOL 1000th ep. congrats, comments, etc. pile-on thread :)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BOL 1000th ep. congrats, comments, etc. pile-on thread :)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) What Sha-lynn said.
by kwahhn / June 17, 2009 12:05 PM PDT
Collapse -
Congrats! Here's what I couldn't fit in my video:
by robstak / June 17, 2009 1:33 PM PDT

Dear Tom Molly Jason V and everyone else~

4 years! I remember it like it was just yesterday. 3G iPod, this new iTunes program. I was at Panera. What's a 'pod-cast'?... So naive. So I downloaded NPR and this "BUZZ out loud" vvtf is that??

One listen and I was hooked. The chemistry between Tom and Molly was undeniable. I fell in love. from episode ~10 or 15. And the rest is history.

I dont listen to NPR anymore, just BOL, RD and gadgettes Wink

Since then, I've saved all of my appearances, phone and email in a special BOL directory. I have 3 shirts- the general cnet featured member, the kelly green tee (for my call in about cell phones and driving study commentary) annnnd an autographed tee for guessing the number of times 'iphone' would be mentioned on the original iphone podcast (I BELIEVE the answer was 29...). I even have some well-worn C|Net book on hacking macs (I have PC's thanks Jason ;))

Fondest memories- the BOL photoshop contest, Molly rants, Tom transitions, V's voices and warcrack impressions (I'm ollllld), earthlink guy, interview episodes, awesome forum threads like 'do you like milk' and 'the flamebait thread', and finally, and most awesomely, being a listener co-host!!

and now with the video stream and chat room and rotating hosts, I think the show is only getting better, and I can't wait to follow and see where it goes!

You guys have done a fantastic job, day in and day out, and y'all have definitely impacted my life for realz! And not only for the tech news and the lolz, but for the friends I've made here as well, especially of late. I twitter and fb people that I met because of BOL. And one of these days I vow to make it to a meet-up (and maybe some day to SF!)

So, thanks again. You guys are AWESOME.

ok, enough drooling! Wink
Here's my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RiSi8WCF68

LTS,
Dr. Karl

Collapse -
Yeah
by Nicholas Buenk / June 17, 2009 2:35 PM PDT

BOL entertains and provides you with stories you might not notice on your RSS feeds and gives perspective on stories. This is a service that's needed today!

Collapse -
Congrats on 1000 episodes!
by GhettoFob / June 17, 2009 5:04 PM PDT

I just joined the forums to congratulate you guys on the 1000th episode. I've been listening since January 2007 and Buzz Out Loud has become a regular part of my daily routine. BOL needs more B-Tong though! Love the show.

Collapse -
I want my...
by luc-mobile / June 17, 2009 6:04 PM PDT

I WANT MY MTV!
I WANT MY MTV!

Collapse -
1000eps. is a good warm-up, how 'bout we crank it to 11!? ;)
by shmody / June 17, 2009 9:48 PM PDT

1000eps. is a good warm-up, how 'bout we crank it to 11!? Wink

I am sooo glad to have discovered BOL, the crew, and the approach to tech news.

Thanks for all the laughs, rants, quirks, insights, happy accidents, personal tidbits, and soo much more that promoted a fun way to be informed and part of a community - it's such a big reason why I <3 Buzztown Happy

Being a contributor and you all embracing that dynamic has meant a LOT to me - I'd even go as far to say, it's provided me a place to play with techie ideas and also call my home/neighborhood to share w/my peeps Happy

I'm looking forward to the next many, many, many episodes and happy evolution of the show, hosts/personalities, and community. I hold fast to the idea that "Buzztown citizen" fits nicely next to a variety of my other titles Happy

Warmest wishes,
Shalin
Listener/contributor since Spring 2006

Collapse -
oops...
by shmody / June 17, 2009 10:53 PM PDT

I've been a listener since the Spring of 2005.
...and apparently I've had two screennames: shawnlin and shmody. I think there's been a hiccup in the server data and they haven't straighted that issues out...cause I've always logged in as shmody. Anyway...

Happy

Collapse -
rest of message...orignal got cut off somehow...
by shmody / June 18, 2009 11:27 AM PDT
In reply to: oops...

Being a contributor and you all embracing that dynamic has meant a LOT to me - I'd even go as far to say, it's provided me a place to play with techie ideas and also call my home/neighborhood to share w/my peeps Happy

I'm looking forward to the next many, many, many episodes and happy evolution of the show, hosts/personalities, and community. I hold fast to the idea that "Buzztown citizen" fits nicely next to a variety of my other titles Happy

Warmest wishes,
Shalin
Listener/contributor since Spring 2006 (yeah, I double checked, it's 2006)

Collapse -
Congrats
by cmt2k2 / June 18, 2009 12:49 AM PDT

Congratulations on your 1000th episode! You guys have been my morning news podcast
for years now. Congrats and keep it up

Collapse -
Congratulations!
by ktreb / June 18, 2009 1:01 AM PDT

I've been a regular listener since Novemeber 2005 when I finally switched from dial-up to DSL. I tried listening before that, but you know d/l over dial-up is torture (though I managed to buy 100 songs from iTunes that way).

Here's to 1000 more!!!!!!!

Kathy from San Diego

Collapse -
My first Molly Rant
by cenizals / June 18, 2009 1:09 AM PDT

My first Molly rant was when the Sony RootKit story exploded, somewhere in the early 100's. Been a long time. Sometimes hard to keep up every day, but I thoroughly enjoy.

Collapse -
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY 1000th
by tango_fox1 / June 18, 2009 2:03 AM PDT

Been great listening over the years even though I'm still on dial-up so the download takes 2-3hrs but most of the time it's worth the wait.

Jimmy from Barbados

Collapse -
Happy 1000!
by skimike4 / June 18, 2009 2:07 AM PDT

So so happy for BOL to get to 1000! I laughed, I cried (true - James Kim episodes), it's been an adventure. I started back in August of 2005, and it's the reason I bought an iPod mini, so I could listen as a I drive. It's been a companion at the gym, on planes and trains, climbing the great wall of china, through my first job and my second job, and countless long commutes stuck in D.C. beltway traffic. I remember how excited I was when Tom read my first e-mail and when they did the first year-end prediction show (that I suggested in the forums).

Overall, it's been a really great show and I can't thank Tom and Molly (the original two) enough. Here's to 1000 more!

Mike (skimike4)
Falls Church, VA (home of Tom's aunt)

Collapse -
Congratulations!
by dextire / June 18, 2009 2:55 AM PDT

I still remember back in April of 2005, a friend of mine e-mailed me (yes e-mail was still the thing back then Happy ) and said "Tom Merritt from TechTV is on a new show called Loud Buzzard!". I went to the site and downloaded my second ever podcast. After my initial disappointment that the show was actually called "Buzz Out Loud", (Tom on a show call "Loud Buzzard" sounded awesome to me Happy ) I gave it listen and have been hooked ever since.

So congratulations BOL crew!
Still loving every show.

Collapse -
Godspeed you black Emperor
by Balls_Maximus / June 18, 2009 3:18 AM PDT

Thanks for aiding my commute for over 4 years. The first podcast, I ever subscribed to.
I place hummble kisses on your elbows,

James
--
Chat: Balls Maximus
http://www.therare.net

Collapse -
Shout out loud
by martin_c_e / June 18, 2009 3:44 AM PDT

Here's a shoutout to the crew at BOL. Very few programs (yes, I'm including TV and radio programs too) can balance entertainment, information and popular culture as well as BOL does. It's presentation format is truly interactive, the content is relevant and to top it all, it has very lively hosts; it has always been throughout the years.
Back in the day, I didn't have cable and now I do, but no TV program has edged out BOL from my must watch list.
Keep it up and Congratulations!

Collapse -
BOL 1000th ep. congrats, comments, etc. pile-on thread :)
by wizkids32 / June 18, 2009 7:21 AM PDT

Congrats on the 1000th episode of BOL I have enjoyed this podcast congrats to Molly Tom Veronica and Jason and all.

Collapse -
Congrats to You! Here's to 1000's more!
by pooky4 / June 18, 2009 8:19 AM PDT

I discovered Buzz Out Loud a couple of years ago (in the 500's). My first episode included quite a Molly-rant, and I was total hooked from then on. "Finally!" I thought...someone other than me that's willing to "rant" about some crazy things in tech.

I haven't missed an episode since.

The show keeps me entertained, but also well informed. I miss Molly's full-time involvement (fewer rants) <grin>, but I love the contribution and perspective from everyone who comes on the show.

So...here's to so many episodes that you have to stop numbering for the sake of time on the show! Although it IS of indeterminate length...

-Stephanie in Atlanta

Collapse -
may you guys be able to do 1000 to a large power more hehe
by mementh / June 21, 2009 2:43 PM PDT

may you guys be able to do 1000 to a large power more hehe

or till things change and we have in essence a new group... (yes it will happen and sorry to be a downer if it feels like it )

but I hope BOL will be a podcast in the YEAR 3000!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
BOL 1000 w00t!
by DAKlives / June 24, 2009 5:49 AM PDT

Howdy

I am a little late to the pile-on but:
Fantastic Episode!!!, Great to see faces put to nicknames
so many many memories
(props again to Buzz Crew and fearless leader aka pb30)

LONG LIVE BOL

DAK

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.