Computer Help forum

Rant

Bluetooth not working on my new Asus laptop

by steff800 / September 24, 2012 6:21 PM PDT

[quote="steff8000"]I have this problem with my new Asus A53S - K53SD laptop. The intergrated bluetooth doesn't seem to work. When i try to add a bluetooth device under devices and printers in control panel, it just keeps saying "Searching for devices... Make sure your device is discoverable".I found out that it didn't work, because i just bought a new microsoft notebook Bluetooth mouse 5000, and when i try to install/connect it to my computer, windows just can't find the device. I know it's not my new mouse that isn't working, because i have tried connecting other bluetooth devices aswell, but windows still can't find anything. I have both a Intel Bluetooth driver and an Atheros bluetooth driver (V7.4.0.115) installed. Both downloaded from the Asus support website.I have tried reinstalling both programs a lot of times, and i have runned a lot of different driver update programs, to check if i was using the latest versions or missing any drivers. I have spent a lot of time browsing the web to find a solution to my problem, but none of the suggested solutions have worked.

Here's how it looks:

[/quote]

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Bluetooth not working on my new Asus laptop
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Bluetooth not working on my new Asus laptop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: bluetooth doesn't work
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 24, 2012 6:25 PM PDT

Seems like a warranty case. Back to the shop and let them show it works or fix it.

Kees

Collapse -
Clearly a warranty issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 25, 2012 3:21 AM PDT

If the manuals and such don't tell you how to turn on the bluetooth or it doesn't work, it's a warranty issue.

I suggest you exchange it as why should you be the one to deal with shipping and such?
Bob

Collapse -
Bluetooth not working on my new Asus laptop
by varanu / April 10, 2013 3:48 AM PDT

I have the same problem. Windows 7 64 bit. Help please !!!

Collapse -
Same problem?
by Kees_B Forum moderator / April 10, 2013 3:52 AM PDT

Then the same answers apply. That's the best help we can give.

Kees

Collapse -
Can't offer much.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 10, 2013 3:53 AM PDT

I suggest you make a NEW POST and supply the full model number as recently I worked with a fellow that was adamant the laptop had BT but it was not in the specs or the laptop.
Bob

Collapse -
Optional Bluetooth
by Schokers / April 10, 2013 3:13 PM PDT
In reply to: Can't offer much.

Good point Bob. The specs of the ASUS laptop in the original post state that Bluetooth is optional which presumably means it's an added cost item which the poster may not have paid for. It may also apply to the unnamed model in the latest post.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.