Phones forum

General discussion

Bluetooth Manager

by dljf341e / May 7, 2005 9:01 PM PDT

I purchased an HP IPAQ in October of 2003, and I'm just now getting around to trying to install the Bluetooth that I got at the same time. I have everything on the PC green across the board, but when I try to go to The Bluetooth Manager on my PPC, I get "The Bluetooth Radio failed to turn ON due to insufficient driver memory available. You must perform a normal reset before you can turn ON The Bluetooth Radio." I've tried soft and hard resets, I've been to Ambicom's site and redownloaded the correct driver for my device, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Bluetooth several times and I still get the same message. Do I need a memory card, or am I just doing something wrong? Oh and also my PPC wants to use inbound COM port 8 and outbound COM port 5 and will not let me change it. (dunno if it's because I cannot access Bluetooth Manager or not)

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Bluetooth Manager
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Bluetooth Manager
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Change make of BT card.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 7, 2005 10:56 PM PDT
In reply to: Bluetooth Manager

Not all work with all models.

Collapse -
IPAQ
by dljf341e / May 8, 2005 9:03 PM PDT

My IPAQ died. Thank God for the 2-year service plan I had on it. Soon I'm going to get the updated model though and I might still need help.

Collapse -
good call on warenty
by Qosmio / December 25, 2005 12:47 AM PST
In reply to: IPAQ

ive owned the 6315 and paid big time with no extended warenty.when buying a UK unlocked 6515 a few weeks ago the 3 year overnight exchange warenty was a must have for me.

Collapse -
Bluetooth manager Ipaq 2210 and Tom Tom Navigator 5
by pfabbio / July 2, 2005 4:37 PM PDT

the pockep PC doesn?t connected with the GPS Bluetooth. The Bluetooth manager starts, but, few seconds after it stops itself, speaking that the Bluetooth must be activated. And the Bluetooth is activated. I use Tom Tom 5, and choosing the NMEA don?t change anything. It?s always absent the connection beetwen the pocket PC and the GPS Bluetooth.
I have read in an internet forum that Tom Tom (3 or 5) blocks the port com5. The com5 is the port that Bluetooth use for connection. In Tom Tom 3 the problem is been solved, taking away some dots to a particular file. In Tom Tom 5 I haven?t read anything in term of solutions, but only as problem.

Collapse -
same thing here
by mattbalmforth / November 9, 2005 8:30 PM PST

yes ... i get exact same thing too

please can someone help..

frustrating the hell out of me

Regards

Matt Balmforth

Collapse -
Identical Bluetooth error
by Robmo / December 22, 2005 2:51 AM PST

I get the same error on my iPAQ H1940 (Windows Mobile 2003 with built-in Bluetooth). It worked perfectly for 6 months, so there is no compatibility problem (and no recent software installations), but I get the error opening the Bluetooth Manager even after a soft-reset.

I decided to do a hard reset and, before restoring any data, I tried to open the Bluetooth Manager - same error. There was nothing in memory besides the OS, so I'm sure this isn't a memory issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

Collapse -
Parts can fail.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 22, 2005 2:59 AM PST

Did you swap out the PDA or card?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.