Mac Applications forum

Bluetooth connection problems with my MacBook Pro and iPad

by marcoma--2008 / October 1, 2012 6:32 AM PDT

I have been trying to get both my iPad and iPhone to connect to my MacBook via Bluetooth. Neither my iPhone or iPad can see my MacBook.

Can anyone help? What must I do? I think the problem is with the settings on my MacBook, what can I try as neither my iPhone of iPad are seeing the MacBook.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Bluetooth connection problems with my MacBook Pro and iPad
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Bluetooth connection problems with my MacBook Pro and iPad
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Tell more.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 1, 2012 6:43 AM PDT

What are you expecting to "see" over bluetooth?

It's quit a slow link and a few folk wanted to see file folders and more. They were not happy.

Collapse -
connection problem with iPad and MacBook
by marcoma--2008 / October 1, 2012 8:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Tell more.

I am using an app called 'AC-7 Pro' to work as a remote controller for some music sequencing software on MacBook called 'Logic'. It used to work but now the iPad and MacBook wont connect.

Collapse -
I see they have their own support.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 1, 2012 8:21 AM PDT

A look at their software gives me the feeling they may not always work when the OS or iOS is updated. I see they have a support forum which is where you can try next.
Collapse -
Link follows. "Connection problems"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 1, 2012 8:22 AM PDT
Collapse -
by marcoma--2008 / October 1, 2012 5:02 PM PDT

thanks I will look at that, I am sure it is a problem with iOS as I encountered this problem when I updated the iOS on both my iPhone and iPad

All Answers

Collapse -
PS. Just you know it's no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 1, 2012 6:47 AM PDT
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Coming soon

Get behind the wheel with Roadshow

Love cars? Climb into the driver's seat for the latest videos, reviews, shopping advice and picks by our editors delivered to your inbox every week.