PC Applications

General discussion

Blue Security's Blue Frog

by JakeChance / July 25, 2005 12:19 AM PDT

I recently read about and downloaded Blue Frog from Blue Security http://www.bluesecurity.com/

I was wondering what other people think about their program and ideas on taking on spam. Also I was interested in knowing if anyone has see any results yet.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Blue Security's Blue Frog
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Blue Security's Blue Frog
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I rarely see spam.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 25, 2005 12:28 AM PDT

But I use POPFILE.

Bob

Collapse -
spam
by Amos16 / July 25, 2005 6:04 AM PDT
In reply to: I rarely see spam.

Yahoo which is my preferred mail application sorts out spam without prompting; they know many of the sites and just filter them out, unless you direct them to do otherwise.

Collapse -
How goes it so far?
by cprewe / April 18, 2006 4:00 AM PDT

I've only just come across this Blue Frog myself. I just completed downloading it and am testing it on an email address that I wouldn't terribly mind getting more spam and/or losing. So you've had it for over a week, have you noticed any progress?

Collapse -
Blue Security
by The Rever / May 4, 2006 12:54 AM PDT
In reply to: How goes it so far?

I have been using Blue Security since it came out last year, and it has been great. However, last night the web site went down! Don't know if they are just having technical problems, or have gone out of business! Anyone else know??

Collapse -
BlueSecurity Offline
by mstrclark / May 4, 2006 1:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Blue Security

I noticed that BlueSecurity website was offline a couple of days ago and the client app stops working. I am still able to report spam but that's it. I haven't found any information as to why the site is down. I'm thinking Denial of Service attacks.

Collapse -
BlueSecurity Victim of DDoS Attack
by mstrclark / May 4, 2006 6:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Blue Security

Computer Business Review Online has reported that BlueSecurity is/was the victim of a Distributed Denial of Service Attack (DDoS).

Read the full article here:

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=F7152D27-E10F-433B-B1E6-57B3B48EF892

The site is back online but the home page say, "Service is in maintenance and will be available as soon as possible.Thank you for your patience!"

I guess the service works if the spammers are going after them.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I read about Blue Frog as well and not installed it
by Pcfreakske2000 / May 12, 2006 4:18 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.