Samsung forum

General discussion

Blue light on 2333HD

by VaroBoliv / October 8, 2009 11:14 PM PDT

Hi,

I'v got an activesync 2333hd tv/monitor, i have been very impressed with it so far with one exception.
I have this wall mounted in my bedroom and have found that the nice blue light at the bottom keeps turning on during the night and waking me. it seems to turn on at different times each day and night.

Any ideas?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Blue light on 2333HD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Blue light on 2333HD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Blue light on 2333HD
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 9, 2009 4:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Blue light on 2333HD

VaroBoliv,

It may be detecting a signal from a component that it is hooked up to. The best solution may be to turn off the monitor at night.

--HDTech

Collapse -
how do you setup a home theater samsung ht-tz422
by mcmonday3 / October 9, 2009 5:29 AM PDT

how do you setup a samsung home theater to a toshiba tv

there no connection in back or anynet cannot use on screen at
all what do I do now

email me back asap mcmonday3@aol.com

Collapse -
Turning off monitor?
by VaroBoliv / October 9, 2009 6:18 PM PDT

Thanks for your speedy response,

If I turn the monitor off at night will I have to reset my user defined settings when I turn it back on?

Regards

Collapse -
Turning off monitor?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 10, 2009 9:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Turning off monitor?

VaroBoliv,

I don't think so, unless you unplug it.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks
by VaroBoliv / October 10, 2009 6:22 PM PDT
In reply to: Turning off monitor?

Many thanks,
that seems to have done the trick.

Collapse -
I have this problem too
by fryingtonite / November 26, 2009 5:07 PM PST
In reply to: Thanks

Exactly the same.. the TV is in the bedroom and a couple of times a night the blue light will come on. The only way to extinguish it is to turn the TV on and then off again.

I have tried turning the TV off by using the remote and by using the ON/OFF button at the bottom right of the screen, but neither makes a difference. The wall socket is not easily accessible.

The light has luminosity settings in the menu from 1-10 bit no zero. Could a firmware upadte be a possibility?

How can I overcome this, please, as it is spoiling what is a nice TV.

best regards

Tim

Collapse -
samsung doesn't take problem serious!
by smartguy99 / December 2, 2009 9:57 PM PST

i have exact the same problem on two samsung tv's 2333HD and 933HD both are "glowing in the dark" the blue light at random times. Tried setting it to value 1 on reccomendation of the Samsung Service, but didn't help enough. Also tried to disable the autoupdate function.
Last time I called the SCC they advised me covering the light with tape....pfff

Why doesn't samsung solve this firware problem? There are thousands of people reporting the same problem all over the world in different forums.

I think its time to join together and sue them for a mallicious product, lets see how fast they can make a firmware update then!

Collapse -
same with me
by hshcv / January 10, 2010 11:18 PM PST

I have exactly the same problem with my 2333hd!! Do you think it's a firmware bug? I don't use it as a pc monitor and have a cheap dvd reader attach to its hdmi port. Do you have any external equipment attached to your 2333hd?
As a final test i'm going to disconect the dvd reader from the 2333hd and wait to see what happens. I don't realy think it's going to make any diference but...
Best regards

Collapse -
My current solution for the problem
by jas2312 / January 25, 2010 4:44 PM PST
In reply to: same with me

I describe the the recommended solution from Samsung's customer support that helped me (currently) not to wake me up at night Happy (I have the monitor in the bedroom).
I state that I use the TV as a monitor only.

- In Menu, disable the software update in standby
- In Service Menu, Option section (info + menu + mute + power), set the "Light Effect" to Off
- In Service Menu, Advanced section -> ADJUST, set the parameter "Standby Mode Time" on 2Min (was at 45 min)

Since I set these parameters as described, the blue LED stays off when the monitor is turned off.

I hope to help you.
Sorry for my bad English

Collapse -
For the 2333HD TV?
by fryingtonite / January 25, 2010 10:18 PM PST

Hi Jas,

Is this applicable to the 2333HD? I'm sure there isn't an LED off option, but I will check,

thx

Tim

Collapse -
blue light led
by jas2312 / February 4, 2010 6:03 PM PST
In reply to: For the 2333HD TV?

Hi Tim,
yes, the indications provided are applicable to the 2333HD.
But after a few days, the problem has returned. I checked that many times the LED turns off when I turn on the light in the room. I then contacted Samsung's customer support and they are testing whether this problem can be linked to some light sensor inside the monitor.

Jas

Collapse -
What I did
by fryingtonite / February 4, 2010 6:14 PM PST
In reply to: blue light led

Well,

I didn'tr have all the same menu options, but what i did find and turn off was the 'system update whilst in standby' feature. This could feasibly be what was happening that made the light turn on. So for the last seven days the light hasn't come on at night. I was going to give it a bit longer before posting, but that's where I am right now.

cheers

Tim

PS Do you know what version of system software your Tv is running?

Collapse -
by jas2312 / February 4, 2010 6:30 PM PST
In reply to: What I did

Other options than the system update, you can achieve in the service menu (by pressing in sequence on the remote "info + menu + mute + power" when the monitor is turned off).
When I come back home get the software version of the TV and post it.

Jas

Collapse -
Interesting
by fryingtonite / February 6, 2010 6:15 PM PST

Your trick of getting into the service menu worked!

My LEDlight was already set to off though and the advanced menu wasn't accessible for some reason?

cheers

Tim

Collapse -
Same problem here..!
by cocksy_boy / February 17, 2010 11:58 PM PST
In reply to: Interesting

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem on my 2333HD. I went to the service menu and the light option was already set to off.

I like the fact that the TV will update itself during the night and dont really want to turn that off, so is there any way to leave the auto updates on and ensure the light doesn't come on?

Also, I have a separate question about the EPG: is there any way to set it to show 'now and next' whenever I change channel? I'm sure when i looked at it in the shop it did this, but the one I bought doesn't and I can't see a suitable option in the menus?!

Any help, much appreciated, Thanks!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.