mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:latentstyles deflockedstate="false" latentstylecount="156">
</w:latentstyles></xml><![endif]--> I have a Linksys WRT54GS router. Samsung tech support told
me to disable my router's firewall. After doing this, I still cannot connect to
my network. The error message says: "Check if IP is set correctly in IP
Settings." I have tried auto and manual inputs to connect, but I get the
same error message each time. I have unplugged and replugged the router and the
cable modem and reset the Blu-Ray player to its default settings. All other
components connect to my network easily. I have the following connected to my
network: Samsung LED HDTV UN40C-6400 wired to router, Samsung LED HDTV
UN46D-6050 wirelessly connected by a Linkstick, Panasonic PT-53WX54 (HDTV)
wirelessly connected through a Samsung Blu-Ray BD-C6800, and an HP-DV6-2170US laptop.
My new Samsung Blu-Ray BD-D5250C will not connect to my network. It is
hardwired to the Samsung UN46D-6050 by ethernet and HDMI cables. Both the HDTV
UN46D-6050 and Blu-Ray BD-D5250C are about a month old. I even disabled my
Norton firewall but the outcome remained the same.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Blu-Ray Player: BD-D5250C Won't Connect to Network
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Blu-Ray Player: BD-D5250C Won't Connect to Network
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Sorry but that post is hard to read.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 23, 2011 9:29 AM PDT

But tell more about your "connect to network."

I wonder if you are trying to connect to a WINDOWS NETWORK which is rarely supported. Getting the internet connection is what most do so try telling the forum exactly what you are expecting to happen.
Bob

Collapse -
Blu-Ray Player: BD-D5250C Won't Connect to Network
by jlwhit69 / June 24, 2011 2:31 AM PDT

I'm expecting my home network to connect to my dvd player like all of the other components that have connected to it. I'm not sure what you mean by a "Windows Network." I have a Linksys WRT54GS router that connects all of my components except my new dvd player. Samsung tech support told me to disable my router firewall. I did this and I was still not able to connect the dvd player to my network.

My system information: Windows 7 64bit home version, Linksys WRT54GS router, Samsung LED HDTV UN40C-6400 wired to router, Samsung LED HDTV UN46D-6050 wirelessly connected by a Linkstick, Panasonic PT-53WX54 (HDTV) wirelessly connected through a Samsung Blu-Ray BD-C6800, and an HP-D2170US laptop. My new Samsung Blu-ray BD-D5250C is the only component that will not connect to my network.

I get this error message: "Check if IP is set correctly in IP settings."

Collapse -
I'd love to help but.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 24, 2011 2:40 AM PDT

We have to clear up what you are trying to do. We have to define what this "connect to my network" means.

For example you wrote about turning off the Norton firewall which makes me think you are trying to connect from the Blu-ray player (can I call the the BD player?) to your PC.

If we wanted to connect the DB player to the PC, then we'd have to talk about a DLNA SERVER since almost all these things do not talk to a Windows machine or file/printer share.

If you are having the usual issue of not getting your internet connection on your network (not a PC involved issue) then we have the CNET Networking Forum post for Samsung owners.

--> Many need to know that Samsung can't help with home network settings. Why that is, has been told.

Let's clear up what is expected and maybe we can move forward.
Bob

Collapse -
Blu-Ray Player: BD-D5250C Won't Connect to Network - New!
by jlwhit69 / June 24, 2011 4:20 AM PDT
In reply to: I'd love to help but.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I do have the issue of getting my internet connection on my network. My home network works fine except it will not recognize my IP setting for my new blu-ray player. I connected the player through HDMI and ethernet cables to my new Samsung LED HDTV (UN46D-6050). All of my other components connect to the network and function OK.

After trying all of the various troubleshooting recommendations, I contacted Level 2 tech support at Samsung. They suggested disabling my router's firewall. I did that, but the problem remained.

Should I post to the CNET Networking Forum for Samsung?

Collapse -
You may want to start again.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 24, 2011 4:48 AM PDT

Let's see what you wrote and I'll comment item by item

1. "I do have the issue of getting my internet connection on my network."

Samsung can not assist with that. I'm thinking that this is not what you meant to write but there it is so let's deal with that.

-> How are you able to post here if you have this issue?

2. " My home network works fine except it will not recognize my IP setting
for my new blu-ray player."

This needs more detail. For most of us we never set the IP on the BD player. We let it (sorry for the tech terms here) use DHCP and let it self assign. I'd do that.

3. "I connected the player through HDMI and
ethernet cables to my new Samsung LED HDTV (UN46D-6050). All of my
other components connect to the network and function OK."

While interesting I think we can move onto items 1 and 2 for now.

But it's worth commenting that some get fixated on what does work and refuse to make any changes to the router. Those that do that are usually stuck in some no man's land of support calls waiting for hours for an answer that does not work.

As to posting in the other forum, I wrote the Samsung top sticky there and would have to work through the items you posted there or here. I've subscribed so I can see when a reply is added to this discussion. Keep in mind this is not tech support, just discussions and hopefully we find a cure.
Bob

Collapse -
Blu-Ray Player: BD-D5250C Won't Connect to Network - New
by Duffer24 / October 18, 2011 10:59 AM PDT

Greetings,

Collapse -
I know the DI-524
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 18, 2011 11:06 AM PDT

Try a router made in the last few years.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech Tip

Stuck without Internet and want to watch movies?

CNET shows you how to download movies and TV shows onto your device using Amazon Prime so you'll always be entertained.