Phones forum

General discussion

Blackberry Storm 2

by charger29ster / July 1, 2009 5:45 AM PDT

Hi everyone my contract with AT&T is about to be over Thank God and I was thinking of switching to Verizon and I know there will be a new Blackberry storm I just need to know an estimate of when it might come out so I can know what I need to do wait for it. If anyone has any info on this topic it be much appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Blackberry Storm 2
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Blackberry Storm 2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Blackberry storm
by Suspera / July 7, 2009 12:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Blackberry Storm 2

I was not happy at all with the Blackberry Storm, it did not perform very well. I think I needed more memory but by that point I had had it with it. It was slow and would not change pages and would not allow me into websites at all hardly. I could access the first page only. This was as good as my Razor which was not what I had expected. I just shut off the account due to the disappointment that I had with the Storm. I would not recommend this cell phone at all. Maybe if you immediatly up the memory it would be an awesome phone, I will admit I did not do that.

Collapse -
Forthcoming BlackBerry
by blackcoffeenosugar / July 22, 2009 10:06 AM PDT

The BlackBerry Storm 2 is scheduled to be released in September. Similar to the original Storm, the touch screen form factor will be a like it or hate it thing. I have used the Storm and will say it is definitely slower to type on it compared with BlackBerry devices with full QWERTY keyboard. The original ROM that came with the phone is very bulky, which is understandable considering it is the first ever touch screen BlackBerry. But RIM has released numerous updates since then. The latest update is both reliable of fast. Other than Storm 2, BlackBerry Onyx 9020 will be released between September and November. This is the successor of the Bold 9000 and it is going to be a full QWERTY keyboard model. But similar to the Bol it is going to be a HSDPA phone and therefore probably going to be on AT&T.

Collapse -
Storm is a disaster
by Audi Guy / July 28, 2009 12:47 AM PDT

My advice is to avoid the Storm until significant improvements are made. I am generally an early adopter, so I am familiar with the bugs and glitches that come with a new technology. Unfortunately, The Storm may be the most frustrating electronic devices I have used. The list of issues is too long to share them all, but here are a few examples. Perhaps most frustrating is that the touch screen is very unreliable. Even after much practice and taking great care, the wrong key is selected far too often. It is virtually impossible to text with any speed. Also, the phone has an infuriating habit of freezing without warning or explanation. I am very disappointed that the product was released before it was ready.

Collapse -
HATE this phone!
by hw4977 / August 28, 2009 2:20 PM PDT
In reply to: Storm is a disaster

I have to agree with Audi Guy. This thing is a complete disaster!!
I've had similar problems. I'll be using it and it will shut itself off. I've taken it to the Verizon store and they say there is no problem with it! Verizon's customer service is usually pretty good. It's just a crap phone.

The only good thing about it the Word Mole game.

Collapse -
After 29 days gone!!
by gabec52 / August 4, 2009 11:15 AM PDT

My wife was a verizon customer for years and up graded to the storm.
Because of her work needed e-mail on the go and extensive contact lists and calender. Sync to her computer the sales man said all will be great. 20+ hours on the phone to techincal help over the course of 28 days led to anger.
She is now on my ATT plan with an I-phone 3g 16g. 2 hours after opening the box her smile was pretty big. One week later she cannot say enough good for this phone

Collapse -
Blackberry Ringtone Maker - generate your Blackberry ringto
by miyaling / August 26, 2009 12:14 PM PDT

As a Blackberry lover and new software reviewer, I pay quite a lot of attention to the software that can create ringtone for Blackberry. In course of time, Xilisoft released their Blackberry ringtone Maker. OK, today I'll introduce this software for everyone.

Blackberry Ringtone Maker is a ideal program for you to make/create/change your Blackberry ringtone. It can convert almost all video and audio files including AVI, MPEG, WMV, DivX, MP4, H.264/AVC, AVCHD, MKV, RM, MOV, XviD, 3GP, WMA, WAV, RA, M4A, to MP3 as Blackberry ringtone.
Hope it can bring you a better video/audio life.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.