Phones forum

General discussion

BlackBerry or new iphone 4g?

by AceStallion / June 10, 2010 5:14 AM PDT

which is better? anyone have an opinion bc thats what im going to base my purchase off of...yalls opinions and facts

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BlackBerry or new iphone 4g?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BlackBerry or new iphone 4g?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Similar Situation
by jeff.engle / June 29, 2010 9:44 AM PDT

My Blackberry Curve contract is over in a couple of months... I'm glad because I want to see (and hold) the new Blackberry 9800 Slider and the Samsung Captivate (Galaxy-S) before I make the decision of Blackberry vs. iPhone vs. Android. Each seem to have pretty significant advantages. Blackberry's great at e-mail and network usage. iPhone is great for the UI. Samsung's Galaxy series has gotten good reviews in Europe.

For me I need a reasonably good:
* camera/video for Real Estate when I may not have one of my cameras.
* social media interaction.
* phone reception (with my AT&T service that may be a challenge Wink
* YouTube interface
* e-book reader for personal use
* Large enough screens for clients to see

What's your list? You really need to figure out your musts and wants on how your going to use the phone to figure out which is the best one, right? Then see what app's are available & how you like them.

Collapse -
Apple is better but
by tushar46 / July 2, 2010 12:49 AM PDT
In reply to: Similar Situation

Both companies are good. they are best in their own way. I use both the operating system both are best. Music is very clear & camera is amazing, browsing is also more faster.

Hire PHP Developers

Collapse -
iPhone vs 9700
by dkanalie / August 11, 2010 4:28 AM PDT

Had the same question a month ago and finally went for a BB 9700. The mail and sync features from RIM were in my opinion better.

Collapse -
bb user
by riantor / August 25, 2010 2:59 PM PDT

Now I am using BB9700 and all the applications are working great for me until I never want to change to anything else. But from the features you descrbes, maybe iphone 4 is the best solution for you though.

http://www.learnoversea.com

Collapse -
BBTorch GET it 8/12/2010!
by bluegardenia / August 9, 2010 6:36 AM PDT

Get the Torch it Bounces, Rocks & Skates! It's a party that keeps u on your feet. It will blow u away. Compare on CNET! I'm a BB fan I can't get enuf of the BB!

Collapse -
BB
by Natalie0811 / August 19, 2010 9:13 PM PDT

I'm using blackberry for a year now and there is no problem at all..pretty good and convenience if you have large network..BB make me connect with my friends more..

Collapse -
BlackBerry 9700 vs. BlackBerry Torch
by marta_vigo / August 27, 2010 1:41 AM PDT

I am about to make a decision of what of the two models I should choose. Right now I have a BB 9000 and would like to purchase the BB Torch? Would it be a wise decision to switch. What are the pros and cons

Collapse -
BB
by xXxKirenXxX / January 10, 2011 8:24 AM PST

I love my iPod Touch 4, which is basically an iPhone 4, but I'd go with the Blackberry.

Collapse -
I made a choice, not sure if it was a good one
by loulou2000 / February 24, 2011 10:35 AM PST

I already have the Blackberry Bold . I was told that this was the one to buy. I was trying to make the choice and had Blackberries before. The Pearl, Curve and I never had any problems. This Blackberry has given me more problems than ever before. The screen freezes, when I'm on a call and a text comes through it cuts me off. I was told the best arrangement is to have an ipod touch and a Blackberry Bold. After this phone I'm not too sure. Just wondering if I should move onto the Torch and stick with Blackberry or go to iphone?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Collapse -
hmm..
by danicamnoble / February 25, 2011 12:01 AM PST

i think iphone4 is better than blackberry ill tell you a story about my iphone4 it fell on the pool and after that i thought it wont work anymore but after 3 days i tried to turn it on and it work again.. amazing! after all i thought it was broken.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.