Cameras forum

General discussion

black shop in sim lim square (SONG BROTHERS)

by winfirst / July 25, 2007 8:31 PM PDT

mention it to stop people cheated by that black shop because alot of people have been cheated .
have post in another forum at

Hi , be careful of this black shop in singapore. "I HAVE BEEN CHEATED" $390 which cost only $89 for the vitacon lens.

i have bought vitacon 0.45 x wide angle with sony dcr-pc330e video cam and VF-R37K Filter kit in singapore at (song brother) 1 rochor canal road sim lim square #01-59/60. The sale man (name call Stefan gwee) char me for the total price of the three item at SGD$2614 including 5% GST.(TOTAL AMOUNT IS $2490) on 4 jul 2004.

The sony dcr-pc330e video cam in sim lim square shop cost about Sgd$2050 (GST not include ) as i tour around to ask for it price. The sony dcr-pc330e video camcorder itself which (song brother shop) charg me about Sgd$2050 (GST not include). Then VF-R37K Filter kit about SGD$50 GST not include. Which mean the vitacon 0.45 x wide angle cost me about $390 GST not include.

I then found out that the Vitacon 0.45 x wide angle in another shop at sim lim square (Edison electronics 01-43/45) cost only $SGD89 for the same models of the lens.

i have been cheated. i still have the receipt on my hand to prove that these three item cost me SGD$2490 GST NOT include.

As i look carefully for the description on the receipt it is written as (GROBARTING 0.45X WIDE ANGLE VIDEO LENS).

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: black shop in sim lim square (SONG BROTHERS)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: black shop in sim lim square (SONG BROTHERS)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Shopping in Singapore....
by Papa Echo / July 26, 2007 8:08 AM PDT

...if you had shopped around, you might have found that you could have the Vitacon for SGD75.00, or cheaper... It is called bargaining. You are supposed to shop around. What you described is normal, not only in Singapore, but in Kuala Lumpur,...Hong Kong.... It is THEIR way. Bargain. It is the known "fun" way of shopping. They will usually come down to your price, if it is reasonable, because there is so much competition. You have the receipt. You could have complained to the Singapore Authorities, and the shop keeper would have lost his licelce if he was at fault, and he knew this. In other words, you cheated yourself !

Collapse -
by oziemozie / January 21, 2013 6:01 PM PST

I have just had a very bad experience and bad customer service by Song Brothers.
I bought Samsung Galaxy Note during my holiday in Singapore last year and the phone broke few months ago.
I sent it to Samsung Singapore who then told me that the phone is not for sale in Singapore. It is only for sale in UK. So, the warranty is not valid to be claimed in Singapore.
I contacted Song Brothers but they do not want to comment on it and send them emails but they never replied.

Is there a way to report this to the Singapore Authorities?

I hope noone has the same experience as I do.

So, please becareful when you are buying electronic in Singapore.

Collapse -
Dear Customer,
by SongBrothers1982 / December 4, 2013 2:58 PM PST

Dear Customer,

Song Brothers is an authorised dealer appointed by Samsung, and we also have been a Star Retailer at Sim Lim Square since the program has started.

We made investigations and we were unable to find out why the set was "for sale only in UK".

Kindly email While we understand your frustration, we hope you understand it is only fair that we can only respond if we know the cause to this bad experience.

We have been established since 1982, and continue to render great service to our customers as far as we can. We have tracked your emails and found none in our record.

Collapse -
Investigation completed
by SongBrothers1982 / December 4, 2013 2:48 PM PST

Dear all,

The salesman mentioned, Stefan Gwee, has been terminated many years ago.

Even if this has happened years back, Song Brothers would like to apologise for such an episode to have happened in our service history.

Salesmen that no longer fit with our company's direction and instructions, may be advised, warned or terminated.

We value our customers, and remain to be a STAR Retailer as of today.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.