Deals forum

General discussion

Beware of Daily Deal Digital

by sleepr / May 4, 2010 11:48 AM PDT

So lucky to get my money back after Daily Deal Digital tried to swindle me out of $1000 on a DSLR camera package...beware!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Beware of Daily Deal Digital
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Beware of Daily Deal Digital
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What happened?
by mindsurge / May 5, 2010 2:23 PM PDT

What were the circumstances that prompted you to post this warning? Sounds like you got your money back, so were the problems: false advertising? ...defective equipment? ...poor delivery or customer service? How exactly did they "swindle" you?

Collapse -
Bait and Switch then Overcharge CC
by Jimmytee08 / May 12, 2010 4:07 AM PDT
In reply to: What happened?
http://www.dailydealdigital.com/itemdetail.cfm?ProductID=2434
Something really bothers me about your company and that is the "Bait and Switch" Technique. I first ordered the Nikon 700 and accidently sent out a cancel order by mistake. And when I called sales to correct the order I am told the Nikon 700 is only available from US Manufacturers or something to this kind of remark. I initially paid $1719.00 and now the charge is over $2049.00. This is just the kind of crap that piss?s people off! Then to make matters worse you charge my Credit card $2662.95
I just don?t think I want to deal with a company that treats prospective customers like this. This is why I think it best to cancel this order, even after talking on the phone with your sales rep, I feel it best I purchase my camera somewhere else. I should have stopped this when I got the ?Old Switch? Technique from you people. So either you send me the camera at the original $1710.00 or you can cancel this order.
Collapse -
Daily Deal Digital
by mom734 / September 3, 2010 12:45 PM PDT

Just curious, how did you end up getting you money back from this scam of a company? Did you have to go thru your bank and file a dispute? I am trying to get my money back from them, but they will not cancel my order as they say it has already shipped, but cannot provide me shipment tracking # and are telling me to call them once I receive the package. Any insight on how you dealt with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Collapse -
Piss Poor Customer Service= Daily Deal Digital!
by josie675 / September 14, 2010 5:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Daily Deal Digital

This operation is completely unprofessional and inept at providing the product within a reasonable time and communication. I ordered the product, a Sony A330 on August 31, 2010. I called like 7 times to inquiry about why it was taking so long to get the camera and everyone answering the phone for the company couldn't/wouldn't provide and customer assistance whatsoever.
Finally, on September 14 I called again to find out the status of my order. They told me it was just shipped out and should arrive within 2 weeks, though they didn't have the tracking number...WTF!!
What kind of mickey mouse operation is this? These guys are garbage....no wait garbage can be turned into compost so it has some residual value. Daily Deal Digital is more like a used tampon.
I will never use them again for anything! They are WORTHLESS!! I guess I'll do a blog post next about my horrible experience with them.

Collapse -
911 on Daily Deal Digital!!!
by tomjdeters / November 24, 2010 11:26 PM PST

I agree with the "BEWARE OF DAILY DEAL DIGITAL" They sold me everything & promised me more. I quickly got my money back which went easy BUT: False Advertisement!!!! I had 2 different employees PROMISE me things on the phone. It came down to the camera that they said they had THAT NO ONE ELSE COULD GET, which they said could be delivered in 2 days, then 7-10 days, then turned into 6 weeks so IO cancelled order. But I had to call & call, promised returned phone calls I never received. They promised me a "loaner camera" & then promised me a "free gift" even after I cancelled. NOT ONE THING they advertised, stated, promised or said was the truth. My wish is that anyone thinking of buying from Daily Deal Digital reads this & CHANGES THEIR MIND! Their package is a BIG BONUS PACKAGE OF LIES! BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.