TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Beware consumers - Viore the bad Plasma TV

by dlc66 / July 7, 2006 3:34 PM PDT

We bought Viore Plasma TV last after Thanksgiving day special at Walmart. We were attracted to the price and to our regrets we should have not bought it. The plasma broke in five months after we purchased it. There was sound but the picture on the screen was wavy, blury and not really pleasing to see. We called the service center and I had the hard time locating a repair center that they authorized because nobody wants to repair the unkown brand. Finally I found one and they picked it up from my home. After a week the authorized TV repair called to tell me they can't repair because the parts are not available. So I called in Viore Service Center in L.A to complain. They said they will refund us the money we paid for the TV. 3 weeks came and I have not receive any check, I called to followup (It's very hard to call them, They seems hiding)then I got lucky to hold on to the Service manager(after several calls) her name is Anna and she told me they will send a box to the authorized TV repair shop( where my palsma TV was) so they can package it return to their Service Center and when it is already on Transit they will refund us the money. I kept on waiting for almost 31/2 MONTHS NOW then I found out they had not send any box to authorized TV repair shop. I called the Service manager again and she told me the TV repair shop has not return her call and it was not true. Viore Service Center has just made us going in CIRCLE. I have called so many times. They won't even return my calls. I mean what is this? SCUM. WALLMART OR SAM'S CLUB SHOULD NOT PATRONIZED THIS KIND OF JUNK.

I'm writting to WALLMART & SAM'S CLUB ABOUT THIS and if you are one of the victim please do the same thing as I do. You can locate where to write To Wallmart & Sams Club in their website.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Beware consumers - Viore the bad Plasma TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Beware consumers - Viore the bad Plasma TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Viore the bad Plasma TV victim
by cbruce501 / August 5, 2006 1:22 PM PDT

We also bought a plasma TV from Walmart at the day after Thanksgiving sale and ours has also broken down. We have spoken to Walmart and they were not very helpful, we are looking for the number for Viore Serice Center if anyone can help.

Collapse -
lessons learned
by bevillan / August 6, 2006 7:39 AM PDT

I guess the lesson here is that if you have never heard of the brand of TV or if it is not one of the major companies...don't buy it no matter how good the price looks.

HDTVs are one of those things that are fragile technology and easy to mess up or half-*** produce.

Collapse -
Costco carries them too.
by Dan Filice / August 6, 2006 8:33 AM PDT
In reply to: lessons learned

Regardless of the brand, it still costs a lot of money. The company should stand behind the product, whether it offers a repair, a replacement or a refund. Yes, a Viore costs less, but their product should have some sort of lifespan. The lesser price should come as having less inputs, less outputs, a longer refresh rate, etc., not a having a limited 6-month lifespan.

Collapse -
Dan, Sure You're Not Confusing Viore With Vizio?
by RoadRunner6 / August 6, 2006 2:47 PM PDT

I have never seen Viore at the Seattle area Costco's. Are you sure your not thinking of Vizio which seems to be a pretty good quality budget brand?

Slap me hard in the face if I'm wrong. Don't worry, my first wife used to do it all the time!

RR6

Collapse -
RR6, you are correct. Vizio at Costco, not Viore.
by Dan Filice / August 7, 2006 5:01 AM PDT

My wife just slapped me too and knocked some sense into me. Oh, wait, no sense knocked into me, she just slapped me. Anyways, you are correct. I just went to Costco late yesterday. I'm wrong, they carry Vizio. Darn...to many V's. But, my comment about a company standing behind a product should be the defacto. I saw a Polaroid LCD TV advertised in Sundays paper for something like $399. I wonder how they would stand behing their product? Selling a cheap product shouldn't mean the customer gets no after sales service.

Collapse -
BEWARE .......
by Riverledge / August 7, 2006 12:54 PM PDT

DON'T BUY ANYTHING WITH THE "POLAROID" or "WESTINGHOUSE" NAME. THESE NAMES HAVE BEEN SOLD
TO "MAKE-A-BUCK" MANUFACTURERS.

THE POLAROID LAW-SUIT IS VERY MUCH LIKE = ENRON.

BEWARE.

river.

Collapse -
Good Point River
by RoadRunner6 / August 7, 2006 1:24 PM PDT
In reply to: BEWARE .......

There are many others out there like Sylvania.

It seems that Vizio is one of the few budget brands that seems to have a good bang for the cheaper buck.

RR6

Collapse -
You might hate me
by Pakman3000 / August 7, 2006 3:24 PM PDT
In reply to: Good Point River

Sorry to say this, but you guys who bought these crap TVs share part of the blame. What did you expect when buying a crap no name plasma? I know not everyone can afford high end sets, but it is an investment so you should ante up and get a good one.

Collapse -
No.....
by RoadRunner6 / August 7, 2006 3:47 PM PDT
In reply to: You might hate me

....we were only discussing Viore and other cheap junk that someone started talking about in this thread.

You are absolutely correct. I for one always recommending buying only the top brands in plasmas, Panny, NEC, Hitachi, Pioneer and up until recently Toshiba.

RR6

Collapse -
de-sold on plasmas
by bevillan / August 7, 2006 11:50 PM PDT
In reply to: No.....

I don't think I will ever buy a plasma unless the technology in them gets overhauled.

DLPs/LCoS can give you better picture with less maintenance problems (as long as you have a protection plan for the lamps). The viewing angle on the LCoS tvs is definitely improved over the older projections HDTVs and much more cost effective than a plasma with similar size and specs.

Plasma tv's benefits over LCoS are only size, viewing angle (but not extremely better anymore), and cool factor.

Collapse -
LMAO
by Pakman3000 / August 8, 2006 3:49 AM PDT

LOL

Collapse -
Oh sorry
by bevillan / August 8, 2006 4:36 AM PDT

Maybe I should want a tv that uses more energy, has consistently more problems, has a limited lifespan, costs more for comparable sizes, and rated as having not as good a picture as SXRDs (Consumer Reports)...oh wait nevermind that would be stupid

Collapse -
Service Center Number
by lawsgrl / August 22, 2006 1:16 AM PDT

The Service Center Number is 1-800-726-4405. The managers name is Nadia, she will be of absolutely NO HELP whatsoever, she will not call you back. I got my t.v. in Jan. 06 it broke down in May, it took me almost 2 weeks to get help. The sent out a service center person in June back and forth for 2 months, promised repairs parts, too 3 weeks to get, bad part promised new t.v. its now 08/22/06 and still NO T.V.

Collapse -
I was lucky untill now
by Big Nel 357 / September 10, 2010 1:57 PM PDT

I read all you guy's comments and I cant agree with you guy's more. it realy sucks that when you need help there no one you can count on. when you want to buy everybody is in your face but we there's a problem every one hides. well let me tell you I was one of the lucky one's untill now. My viore was working perfect for three years, But one day I was watching tv and just when I was getting into the Movie' I was watching Scar Face by the way, I heard a POP and the Picture went out but I still heard Sound, For a minute there I thought Tony Montana Shot the mother board of my Viore tv. I was Like what the hell just happand, I tried everything and there was nothing I can do.unfortunately the warranty was over about two years ago. I took it on tuesday to a repair shop in brooklyn,ny and the repair guy just called me and told me it will cost me $280 to get it repaired, Price dont seem to bad but now Im worry what if after the 60 warrenty if it will go bad again, I dont mind paying $280 for another Three years. I really dont know what to do! Should I take the chance and fix it or just buy a new one. I notice that no retail store are selling Plasma's anymore now there selling LCD TV'S. What sould I do People Talk to me....

Collapse -
Did you
by samkh / September 11, 2010 12:19 AM PDT
In reply to: I was lucky untill now

happen to buy it at Costco? If so, take it back there. Costco return policy allows old purchases (prior to 2009?) to be returned regardless of age.

Short lived TVs not a symptom of Viore or plasma. I had similar failure with a bigger brand name and when I was at the repair shop, I saw big name sets there waiting for parts: Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, Hitachi, Mitsubishi, Philips but no Viore or RCA (unless it was hidden in a corner). So it seems like ppl are either only willing to pay to fix expensive sets or no economy sets fail! Which would you believe?

Collapse -
TV repairs
by Dan Filice / September 11, 2010 3:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Did you

My first thought is that the repair shops have "Big Name" TVs in their shops because they actually have parts available for them. If there are no parts available for Viore TVs, that may explain why none are in the repair shop. Maybe people just junk their broken Viore TVs. I don't think Costco carries Viore TVs. I purchased a Sony, Samung and just last weekend a Panasonic Plasma at Costco. They extend the Mfg warranty to 2 years, which means repair. I think Costco gives a 90-day full return on any TV.

Collapse -
btw
by samkh / September 11, 2010 12:24 AM PDT
In reply to: I was lucky untill now
Collapse -
Viore HDTV 37in LCD
by davenet2 / October 1, 2009 3:14 AM PDT

Great Price. Only it didn't even last a year. It was under warranty, but Viore just blew me off. I got it at Walmart, so I went back to Walmart to tell them Viore wasn't handling the problem. But they said since it was over 2 months old I needed to contact Viore. Now I'm stuck with a $526 non working TV. From now on I'm buying from an Electronic Store, that fixes their products in Store.

Collapse -
Buy the replacement warranty from Wal-Mart
by donaldsykes1979 / March 29, 2012 8:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Viore HDTV 37in LCD

All the problems you guys are having could have easily been solved if you would have purchased the replacement warranty that Wal-Mart offers. You can get up to 3 years for a decent price and it saves a lot of headaches.

Collapse -
Replacement warranty no good
by HBCrouch / April 3, 2012 6:44 AM PDT

A replacement warranty wouldn't even come into play if the product is still under the manufacturers warranty.

Collapse -
Doesnt matter if it is a big company or not
by HBCrouch / April 3, 2012 6:43 AM PDT

You wouldn't get any better treatment from a large company. Just go to the Samsung forum and search for cracked plasma. There are 1000s of us that had our Samsung plasma screens crack. It appears they are aware of a manufacturing defect and yet they like to claim these issues are from physical damage.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.