Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Best Video Coverter/Editor Software

by markymark34 / December 28, 2011 9:12 AM PST

Does anyone have input on an all-in-one video software tool? I'm looking to convert AVCHD files and some of my personal BluRays/DVDs to more common digital formats. If this tool also can edit video that would be awesome too. Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best Video Coverter/Editor Software
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best Video Coverter/Editor Software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
We get spammed on such titles.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 28, 2011 9:17 AM PST

All I've seem is pretty junky. This is why I keep going back to Handbrake and Virtual Dub.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks.
by markymark34 / December 28, 2011 9:47 AM PST

Thanks Bob. I'll give those a shot. I'm willing to pay for software too

Collapse -
Adobe Premiere Elements
by KenHusveg / December 28, 2011 9:54 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks.

Best value if you have a couple of bucks.

Collapse -
Basic video convertor
by KenHusveg / December 28, 2011 9:50 AM PST

Basic easy converter, "Free Video Converter".
http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

Option, editor and converter, "Avidemux", (read the wiki).
http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php

With all do respect, "Virtual Dub" is excellent but to take advantage of it you have to know your stuff.

One more to look at as a basic editor and converter is "iWisoft Free Video Converter".

For a video editor if your on Windows I don't recommend "Windows Live Movie Maker", IMHO the original "Windows Movie Maker" is better.

Collapse -
leawo video converter
by Cola56 / February 15, 2012 11:07 AM PST
Collapse -
Better try this one
by Adela_Hughs / March 1, 2012 5:36 PM PST

I dont know whether uve used it before, it is BDlot Video Converter.

I dont wanna say too much about it, it's just great.

If u r interested, u could find it on google:)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,224 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,453 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,090 discussions
icon
Security 30,722 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,937 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,295 discussions
icon
Phones 16,252 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,684 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,215 discussions

Finding the best 360 camera

GoPro, Pixpro, or Ricoh?

You can spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a 360-degree camera. We tested three of them to find out what kind of quality and ease of use you can expect at each price point.