Phones forum

General discussion

Best Verizon Reception PHONE

by Skyhound / December 29, 2004 2:37 AM PST

Does anyone have any comments on a Verizon CDMA phone that has the best reception? My guess is it's not probably a new model, but some older out of date model that no one likes because it's a bar phone.

I have a friend that lives in the mountains/fringe coverage area and I want to get her a phone and a Motorola T720 is "no coverage" which is odd in itself for Verizon.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best Verizon Reception PHONE
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best Verizon Reception PHONE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung a650
by dave1973 / December 29, 2004 11:04 AM PST

I bought the Samsung a650 flip phone and it has better reception than my old Motorola 120c. It works inside my local Kmart and Meijer stores, where my Motorola 120c wouldn't. There are areas where I still find weak spots, even with my new phone, but this phone works in spots that my old phone didn't. While in the Milwaukee area, my phone worked just fine along I-94 and I-43 in Milwaukee County. Once I got into Ozaukee County, reception was still terrible, even with the new phone. As long as the phone shows 1 bar, you'll get calls with minimal breakup. My Motorola 120c required at least 3 bars for good reception.

Collapse -
verizon phone
by azehn / January 8, 2005 7:25 AM PST

i have the lg vx7000 great reception,best i have had and easy to use than motorola,great video.

Collapse -
Re: best Verizon phone
by jefs / January 8, 2005 7:49 AM PST

I agree with Dave.
I took his suggestion and purchased the Samsung and it does a super job as a phone.

Collapse -
Best Server
by crossing23 / January 8, 2005 7:53 AM PST

I had AT&T for 5 years getting lousey reception.
Then by luck one of their salespeople told me that the poor service I was getting had nothing to do with my phone, but it was AT&T's service.
I then changed to verizon, and love them! Huge difference!
Hope this helps.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.