TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

best tv? samsung? lg?

by jerseyman201 / September 12, 2006 1:03 PM PDT

hey, lookin for a good 26 inch or 32 inch, any ideas? i've seen a lot and samsung seemed to be the best.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: best tv? samsung? lg?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: best tv? samsung? lg?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
best tv? samsung? lg?
by jcrobso / September 13, 2006 3:39 AM PDT
In reply to: best tv? samsung? lg?

You didn't say what kind of TV.
But Samsung is a very good brand. LG is now where Samsung was about 10 years ago, on the way up. John

Collapse -
lcd
by jerseyman201 / September 14, 2006 2:22 AM PDT

looking at lcds, sorry! Yeah samsung definitly looks great. any info on computer brands such as gateway and dell?

Collapse -
Sammie all the way
by Pakman3000 / September 14, 2006 2:40 AM PDT
In reply to: lcd

Both are great Korean companies, but LG's current crop of LCDs and Plasmas don't look to nice compared to others. They are kinda progressive by offering a HD DVR in one of their 50" plasmas. Give them a few more years and they will be a major player.

Collapse -
YES! 10 years ago I wouldn't have bought a Samy TV, BUT,,
by jcrobso / September 14, 2006 2:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Sammie all the way

Today I own an excellent 47" RP set. John
There are a lot of postings about Gateway,,,not to many about HP. John

Collapse -
yea
by MonsterEnergy2142 / September 15, 2006 6:51 AM PDT

I would stick with a name brand that you are confortable with such as Samsung, Sony, Hitachi, etc.. I had a Dell LCD Television and I don't reccomend it. Just stick with good companies and not the ones that are not well known

Collapse -
I would have to say samsung
by oofade2blackoo / September 15, 2006 11:18 AM PDT

I recently bought a samsung ln-s3292d, and did alot of research on brands, sony is ok but is overpriced as always, besides that it seems that samsung had the best reviews overall, i havent heard any bad things at all about samsung, it also depends on what your budget its, i would recommend lg just because in my comparisons lg was more expensive then samsung but had not yet has the same reputation as them. go with samsung, its the gamers choice

Collapse -
How about Sony?
by Dan Filice / September 15, 2006 3:55 PM PDT

I installed a Samsung 32" and a Sony XBR LCD for family members, and I spent days staring at both, setting them up. I like the Samsung, but the Sony XBR, IMHO, had a better picture, a better remote and better setup tools inside (what Sony calls the WEGA Gate). The Sony has the Bravia model, which is a lower model than the XBR, and to me it was equal to the Samsung. At work we recently purchased an LG, and I didn't realize it, but on the box it said "LG Philips." I didn't realize it was a Philips brand. On it's own, I wouldn't buy a Philips, but that''s just me.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.