Resolved Question

Best Programming Language for beginner programmer

by tejan_tech / June 22, 2011 7:36 PM PDT

Hi,

tejan_tech has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best Programming Language for beginner programmer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best Programming Language for beginner programmer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by tejan_tech

Collapse -
program
by chrisf1288 / June 28, 2011 4:04 AM PDT

html then sql

Collapse -
Best Programming Language for beginner programmer
by tejan_tech / June 28, 2011 2:24 PM PDT
In reply to: program

Thanks for your answer, But what about software programming languages like C++ or Python etc.?

Collapse -
Re: software
by Kees_B Forum moderator / June 28, 2011 6:34 PM PDT

Depending on what you want to make, these are viable choices indeed. But I wouldn't call C++ a suitable program for a beginner.

At the school where I teach the Software Engineering students learn Java the first two year (with some SQL, a little bit of PHP and a little bit of C#).

Kees

Collapse -
Re: software
by tejan_tech / June 29, 2011 12:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: software

Thank you, Kees and Chris, for your reply which helped me very much!

Collapse -
Answer
Re: best programming language
by Kees_B Forum moderator / June 22, 2011 7:43 PM PDT

For software it depends both on the function of the software and the target environment. Nothing general can be said about it. Your iPhone app will use a different programming language than your Windows utility.

The best tool to make websites depends on the functionality the website needs. There's nothing wrong with using a CMS like joomla or wordpress for certain websites, like there's nothing wrong with using .Net or Java EE or PHP for other types of websites or simple html for still others.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
Also ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / June 22, 2011 7:55 PM PDT

The best language for a beginning programmer is the language used by his employer, especially if there are senior colleagues to help him and lots of standards and example programs available to tell how to do the usual things.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
There is no best today.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 23, 2011 5:08 AM PDT
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=584176 covers this from the DOLLAR angle.

My first language was assembler for a GE-210 and then more formal with Fortran+PL/1 course progressing to other languages.

If you restrict yourself to one language you also restrict your possible employment. Also some authors can't deal with issues with the development kits so they get upset easily and demand support.

I feel you should learn many and be self supportive with a get it done tude.
Bob
Collapse -
Answer
Best Programmer Language for a newbie .
by EswaranG11 / June 24, 2011 4:37 PM PDT

Of course get used with HTML . Then focus on PHP & MySQL . These two are the most easiest to learn .
Visual Basic is easy as well

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.