Peripherals forum

General discussion

Best place to buy ink from online?

by Ms.Gadgettes / November 14, 2007 4:42 AM PST

I need to buy a lot of ink cartridges, so I'm trying to find a place online to buy these for the least cost.

I wasn't sure if anyone had any favorites.

So far I have checked with:

Office Depot
Office Max
Circuit City
Best Buy
Beach Audio
Ace Photo Digital
The Nerds.Net
Video Direct
Inkjet Superstore

Also, if you have any negative experiences with these sites I appreciate that info as well.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best place to buy ink from online?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best place to buy ink from online?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
ink cartridges
by tedtks / November 19, 2007 3:59 AM PST

ok lets see - B&H is going to be expensive, staples and offices will
sometimes have sales or coupons.
I havent found anything on ebay that made sense yet.
The internet ? I have tried 2 different places and had nothing
but problems.
I have an HP 6210 all in one - 1 black and 1 color cart.
soooo I get mine at wal-mart until I find something better,
which I hope may come up in answers here :-))

Collapse -
ink cartridges
by gohenderson / November 19, 2007 4:07 AM PST
In reply to: ink cartridges

I have had good luck with my cartridges at

Collapse -
Filling Ink Cartridges
by mustangmanNC / November 19, 2007 4:40 AM PST

If you have a local Walgreens drup store around, they should refill your empty cartridges a lot cheaper than buying more new ones. Once you have an empty one just drop it off at Walgreens and they will refill it.

Collapse -
Experience with Walgreens??
by indy2001 / November 19, 2007 8:29 AM PST
In reply to: Filling Ink Cartridges

Has anyone here tried Walgreens' cartridge refill service? If so, how is the quality of the ink, and of the job itself?

Collapse -
ink supplies.
by munsy200 / November 19, 2007 4:08 AM PST

hi there
i have been using phoenix inks for a while now,they give a great fast service and reasonable prices too plus a buyback service on (some) empty cart's.give them a look at:--

good luck............steve.

Collapse -
by mac407 / November 19, 2007 4:51 AM PST

I have had good luck on Ebay with the Abacusfree store. they also have a site: Same people, ebay site has free shipping, the other does not. Been using their aftermarket cartridges at work for almost 2 years without a problem

Collapse -
Best place to buy ink
by bradf_51-19949700486774555723225575986934 / November 19, 2007 5:09 AM PST

I buy mine from
They have a wide assortment of the brands.
They are usually half price if not better.
Free shipping if you join there club.
The club is free just they setup a regular delivery schedule of ink for you. Which you can adjust as you see fit.
I've been buying mine there for a couple of years now.
There inks are good enough for everyday printing and decent photo output. If you require top notch finish stick with the retail ink from the manufactor. They are usually the highest quality. But not cheap.
This goes for all the generic ink outfits.
For me I haven't needed the highest quality. Also I have found by using the cheaper inks I can go for better paper and get pretty damn good quality there.

Just my 2 cents!

Collapse -
ink cartridges
by artman / November 19, 2007 6:11 AM PST

I have been buying compatible ink cartridges from because there price is a few cents lower that others and they also have a buy 2 and get 1 free offer on all orders. So for the price of 2 I get 3 and save some money. And they are quick on deliverys. They also sell OEM ink. check them out.

Collapse -
ink cartridges
by bcunning / November 19, 2007 8:15 AM PST

Sometimes you meet great people dealing online. I'm a photographer and a graphics guy who uses a lot of ink. Ran into a start up guy named Brandon who owns Inkgrabber. Great attitude. He saved me a fortune looking for local specials and my Epsom photo printer functions really well on the non-original equipment ink they have. If you try them out please say Hi from Bob from upstate New York.

Collapse -
I use
by jest2525 / November 19, 2007 7:24 AM PST

For years I've been buying my ink on-line via and have had nothing but good luck with their products. It's all been non-OEM stuff but it's also cost a fraction of what it would have cost me through the big name retail channels.

Honestly, in the hundreds of cartridges I've used over the years I can count on one hand the number of bad one's. If a cartridge is bad it's not so painful to just toss it because they are so cheap to begin with.

I'd suggest buying a few just to "try them out" and see how they work with your printers. I certainly can't complain as they've worked great for me.

Collapse -
Ink Carts
by whitexaf / November 19, 2007 7:27 AM PST

I have been getting mine from for the last few years. Service has been great, and fast. Never had to return any, so I cannot comment about that. For a 10% discount and free shipping,use 10.
Before I found these guys, I bought from I had a couple of leaky carts and a wierd message on the monitor due to incompatibility problems. MrInk made good with minimum hassel. Urgent needs I usually get at Walmart. Thinking of trying the refill trick at Walgreens next time O have an empty.
Iheard bad news about some of the E Bay vendors, so I didn`t even try them. YMMV, and good luck.

Collapse -
Best place to buy ink from online?
by Dave Naiva / November 19, 2007 8:23 AM PST

I have been buying from for 3 or 4 years. I have never had a bad one. They are very cheap, but usually are the same off brand cartridges sold by others for 2-3 time as much. My canon pixma1500 carts are $.99 for b&w and $1.49 for color.

Collapse -
where i buy my ink
by pahomu / November 19, 2007 9:14 AM PST

Collapse -
Places that I buy ink from
by mrbike / November 19, 2007 3:46 PM PST
In reply to: where i buy my ink

I have bought my ink from two places, the first is Their prices are very good for the printer that I have, about $4.00 per cartridge. the last place that I purchased ink from was, and their prices were just as good as The only reason that I changed companies was no longer uses paypal as a payment source. I received fast service from both of those companies.

Collapse -
Online Ink
by mediawork / November 19, 2007 11:17 PM PST

For Europeans meeding to avoid postage costs from USA sources, the British does quite a good deal on compatible cartridges.

Any other good Eurodeals?

Collapse -
Thanks everyone
by Ms.Gadgettes / November 20, 2007 2:55 AM PST
In reply to: Online Ink

Sorry it took so long to answer. The replies were not showing up on my profile, so I didn't realize all these had come in.

I appreciate all the help. I went ahead and bought from Staples, I ended up saving about $10 over what I could find from the cheapest store for the cartridge. Since I needed them quickly and needed good quality I decided not to take any chances, plus I could return them right to the store if there was a problem.

I appreciate all the help and definitely will be checking these sites for the future.

Thanks again!

Collapse -
Online ink
by TooSpooky / November 20, 2007 6:58 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks everyone

I just tried Office Max brand of Canon ink for my All-in One and the Black started to either dry too soon or clog the print head. Returned it and replaced with Canon brand to fix it. Now about to try Premium Imaging Products (made in China..damn it!) from, hope it will be better. I don't think any off brand will ever be as good as the original for ANY printer.

Collapse -
A buying tip...
by meg75us / January 13, 2009 8:13 PM PST

Always compare the printer cartridge prices before you?re buying, it will save you a lot of dollars which is certainly important in these hard times. and lets you compare prices on the products so you now that you get the cheapest available price.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.