HDTV Picture Setting forum

Question

Best picture settings for LG 55LM4600, Please help !

by cubiche26 / November 25, 2012 4:47 PM PST

I am looking for best picture settings for my LG 55LM4600.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best picture settings for LG 55LM4600, Please help !
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best picture settings for LG 55LM4600, Please help !
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Any answer?
by Smoore7653 / February 16, 2013 8:50 AM PST

Did you every get an answer for this. Just bought the same tv today and I am not crazy about the picture settings

Collapse -
vivid or intelligent
by ssgomezz / February 18, 2013 12:08 AM PST
In reply to: Any answer?

we just got our yesterday. have not "calibrated" it yet...actually have to do some research into how to do that on our own. but in the meantime, have gone between "vivid" and "intelligent sensor" depending on what is on and have been pretty happy.
only problem we have had is some vibrations when volume is up. i think we are actually supposed to fasten the stand to our entertainment center, but until then have some books supporting beneath the speaker area and there is no more vibration.

Collapse -
Speaker Problems
by cubiche26 / February 19, 2013 5:53 PM PST
In reply to: vivid or intelligent

I had the same issue with my speakers vibrating on anything past level 16. The back of the tv is metal so that is what is causing the vibrating sound. I just ended up buying a sound bar and the problem was solved it sounds so much better. I read on some other forums that it was a defect that was happening with random sets.. Most places like Bestbuy were just exchanging them and people said they didnt experience it again. Unfortunately for me i bought mine @ video & audio center and their customer service sucks. they said they were going to do me a favor by offering to exchange it once some authorized dealer inspected it, which by the way was after they unloaded and brought it in their store saying i could do the exchange at that moment, they then handed me a card to a place in a whole other city like 30 minutes away where i had to drop it off and invest more time into this problem, then wait three days for a response, then pick it up and bring it back to the original store with some slip saying its defective, then wait another 3 days for them to call LG to verify they would honor the warranty. So i guess being without the tv i just bought for like a week was no big deal to them, and their" favor" was that they normally only exchange within 7 days but to help me out they would make an exception and also not charge me a 20% restock fee. I live in california and told them our return policy is 30 days and he basically called me a liar. I will never buy a tv from them again and will tell all my friends to just stick to BestBuy since i have never had a problem with them. Hope this helps.

Collapse -
Picture settings
by Frankie_420 / March 26, 2013 10:11 AM PDT
In reply to: vivid or intelligent

Did you get your picture settings fixed. I had better luck getting the settings for my sharp aquos 60 in and that picture looks a lot better. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Collapse -
Picture setting
by Smoore7653 / March 26, 2013 11:28 PM PDT
In reply to: Picture settings

I haven't heard anything either. Right now I am using intelligent sensor, but at times the is still too dark during shows and movies. I also had to change the settings for games as well because even on the game setting the picture was too dark. I haven't noticed any vibration, but that is because I have a sound system set up, so I don't use the TV's volume at all.

Collapse -
No Answers yet
by cubiche26 / February 19, 2013 5:23 PM PST
In reply to: Any answer?

No I have not received a response yet. Please let me know if you hear or figure out some better settings, Thanks.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.