Photo Editing & Graphic Design forum

General discussion

best photo software for doing calenders

by shambo67 / December 28, 2005 8:15 PM PST

hey,
hoping to put together a 2006 photo calender and wondering what is the best software to use

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: best photo software for doing calenders
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: best photo software for doing calenders
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Something I use.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 28, 2005 8:36 PM PST
Collapse -
Best Software for creating a Calendar
by Spook Laird / January 6, 2006 4:39 AM PST

If you have Illustrator or Corel Draw, these are super. If you have Microsoft Publisher, it will work. Any of these will work if you learn your way around them. Photoshop, Elements, Microsoft Word,Printshop, Printhouse. There are so many. What software do you have? Let me know and I'll print you one with your photos if you like. Spook

Collapse -
Calender software!
by Baper / February 27, 2006 10:07 AM PST

Broderbund's "Calender Creator" is a favorite of mine. I'm using an older version so I'm not familiar with their latest program, but events and holidays can be identified in the daily squares.

Collapse -
A Little Trick
by Vincellent / April 10, 2006 11:29 PM PDT
In reply to: Calender software!

I run an arts promotional web publishing business, and here is a little trick you can try if you have OpenOffice (free) and Publisher (not free) or another program that can create calendars.

You can create your Calender in Publisher, OpenOffice, or some other program, then take a screenshot of it with Irfanview or another screen capture program, and save it as a tiff (better), or jpeg (smaller file).

Then paste the entire screenshot (after you crop out the window menu and frame) into OpenOffice Draw or Impress (presentation maker).

You can then export/create a pdf Acrobat readable file out of it for free (expensive if you buy a pdf maker) from OpenOffice,which can be sent as an attachment by email, and read and printed in color on anyones computer, since everyone has Acrobat Reader. They make good gifts to email people, and as promos, perks, or to sell, for your business.

Enjoy, Vincellent

Collapse -
RE: best photo software for doing calenders
by tfeliksiak / May 19, 2006 2:39 AM PDT

Please feel free to try out our calendar software: ''Simply Calenders''.

With it, you can easily create high quality calendars using your own photos for any year up to 9999 in a wide variety of styles and languages.

These can be printed to almost any paper size that is supported by your printer. They can also be exported to PDF, JPG, BMP and TIFF formats.

Simply Calenders is free to try and costs $24.99 for full version.

HTH

Skerryvore Software Ltd

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.