Phones

Question

Best Phone Under 100 Dollars?

by blaziner / May 18, 2012 1:38 AM PDT

I was thinking of getting the orange san Francisco 2

could anyone please suggest some other phones?

I'm willing to go a littttlle over 100 of course.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best Phone Under 100 Dollars?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best Phone Under 100 Dollars?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Isn't that free on contracts?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 18, 2012 1:40 AM PDT
Collapse -
yeeeeeaaa
by blaziner / May 18, 2012 2:23 AM PDT

not sure what you mean by free, but that reminds me.

I dont know how people can list phones as cheap because the phone
cost 15 dollars... but oh wait, you have to pay 500 dollars for a plan.

i want a pay as you go 100 dollar phone.

Collapse -
I'm not in the UK today
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 18, 2012 2:27 AM PDT
In reply to: yeeeeeaaa

So I can't shop for you.

The review was very good and given what I like about Android phones this will do the tricks most want from the android phones.

If you want another 100 dollar pay as you go phone, you look at the pay as you go providers and see what they offer. I can't do that for you today but what you noted is very nice.
Bob

Collapse -
;p
by blaziner / May 18, 2012 2:33 AM PDT

i dont know how to look at the pay as you go providers and even if i did i wouldnt know what i was looking at.

Collapse -
There is google.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 18, 2012 2:43 AM PDT
In reply to: ;p
Collapse -
needing a title everytime is stupid
by blaziner / May 18, 2012 2:50 AM PDT
In reply to: There is google.

like i said mate even if i had a list i wouldn't know what im looking at.. i dont know how much ram is good and how much mega pixels is enough.. i normally go with the crowd, i just need to know the best phones for under 100 dollars.

Collapse -
I think you found one.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 18, 2012 2:56 AM PDT

To find more you have to do the research in your country and offer them up for discussion.

A few members think there is some service here for searching but this is only a discussion forum.
Bob

Collapse -
maybe
by blaziner / May 18, 2012 3:16 AM PDT
In reply to: I think you found one.

i can get imported stuff but im pretty sure that means the plan is useless so as long as i go for pay as you go phone i should be able to get a lot of types of phones, and ive done plenty of research.

this is my last step, i just want a list of phones people consider to be awesome at below 100 dollars.

unless orange is widely considered the absolute best at its price range,

Collapse -
Whoops.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 18, 2012 3:20 AM PDT
In reply to: maybe

The problem is that folk determine best. And have to do the work. Phone models come and go every day so you have to keep searching. It's a nice model you picked out and for 100 USD, nice.
Bob

Collapse -
TAKE MY MONEY!!
by blaziner / May 18, 2012 4:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Whoops.

lol tell me what to think, a phone isn't that important to me, i just need a nice good working phone, i like games and cool apps, i have my ipod touch 4g for that.

as long as my new phone looks cool, works fast, and makes calls im happy. android is a plus as well, but i would still like to know all of the good options. I dont need THEE best.

Collapse -
lol
by blaziner / May 18, 2012 2:27 AM PDT
In reply to: yeeeeeaaa

oh i just saw the contract part, maybe i would even consider that but i don't know if i can go on the contract as i am in china... now give me your credit card info and ill send you a free phone.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Does it have to be orange ??
by birdmantd Forum moderator / May 18, 2012 3:14 AM PDT

Can it be any other color? Silly

I am kidding of course.

Collapse -
lol
by blaziner / May 18, 2012 4:11 AM PDT

NO!! it must be orange!

well i guess black is ok.. blue... maybe grey, any color really.

Collapse -
Let me be more blunt
by Pepe7 / May 18, 2012 11:25 AM PDT
In reply to: lol

You say you've done your research- Then why are you asking here?

It's difficult to make phone recommendations when you aren't particular specific to your situation. For example, do a detailed bullet point list of features you know of which you can and cannot live without. Tell us which UK providers you are looking at, etc. Outside of that, if you have 'done your research' you would already know that finding a phone for someone (flying blind, basically) isn't the easiest thing since we aren't mind readers ;).

Hint: there are UK based mobile phone discussions forums for what you desire Wink

Collapse -
DUUUUUDE!
by blaziner / May 18, 2012 6:24 PM PDT
In reply to: Let me be more blunt

as ive said a phone isnt important to me, i just want to know the most popular phones under 100 dollars.

all i want, is for it to looks good, runs smooth and makes calls, which i assume the most popular near 100 dollorrs will do.

im shocked at how difficult getting my simple question answered is.

Collapse -
Spicoli
by Pepe7 / May 19, 2012 4:28 AM PDT
In reply to: DUUUUUDE!

Like, totally, Mr. Hand!!!!

I quote: "...looks good, runs smooth and makes calls"

I repeat the same question, why are you here exactly???

Collapse -
dont be stupid
by blaziner / May 20, 2012 7:44 PM PDT
In reply to: Spicoli

just because those are the most important thing to me doesnt mean i still don't want to ask, what i thought was a simple question and get the best nice phone according to the masses.

thats all ive been asking for from the start, I WANT THE BEST PHONE 100 DOLLARS CAN BUY.

do i have to repeat my self 10000 times? if you have nothing helpful to say then go away.

Collapse -
Re: best
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 20, 2012 7:52 PM PDT
In reply to: dont be stupid

You didn't tell what "best" means for you. So let me only sketch a procedure:
1. Find ALL pay-as-you-go-phones offered under the conditions you prefer (unlocked, locked to Orange for a year, whatever)
2. Find a review site. Some are independent (like CNET), some shops however, also have a review option for their customers.
3. Find the reviews for all phones you found. Most result in one figure, say 8.6 on a 1 to 10 scale.
4. Pick the one with the highest score. That's the best.
5. Check the results with another review site. It's not unlikely that will find another phone best.
6. Now of those 2 pick the one you like most.

Kees

Collapse -
coo
by blaziner / May 20, 2012 9:18 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: best

i did say what the best to me is

qoute: i just want to know the most popular phones under 100 dollars.

let me simplify this.

I want to go with the crowd, i want the best selling or best reviewed or top 10 best phones under 100 dollars.. i just used a new keyword in google and i came up with the samsung galaxy y, i just need a quality cheap phone.

last time i bought what i thought was a good phone for 200 dollars and it was the worst piece i have ever seen.

thanx for your help tho

Collapse -
Re: best phone
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 20, 2012 9:25 PM PDT
In reply to: coo

I told above how to find the best reviewed available for you.

The best sold, of course, is dependent on actual sales. A marketing research company might be able to provide you with recent statistics about the sale of all models (either globally or more local), so you can buy the the most popular one. There might even be some publicly available recent data, but I didn't search for it.

By the way, "best selling", "best reviewed" and "best" might very well give different results, especially if you limit yourself to pay-as-you-phones subsidised by Orange.

Kees

Collapse -
It's pointless with this guy
by Pepe7 / May 21, 2012 12:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: best phone

"Thick" doesn't give the situation justice IMO.

Not sure otherwise why he does not follow your simple (good) instructions(?)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.