I think you're right with your choice...

Two things I want to say here:

1. Tablet PCs are not like normal your normal notebooks so if you're new to them, you might find yourself in a totally unknown position if you encounter some problem. The easier to get a hold of tech support and the nicer they are, the less lost you'll feel.

I have a Fujitsu P1610, which I thoroughly enjoy. I bought it from 3rd-party retail shop in Australia (where I am, usually) and they made a mistake with the version of Windows on my unit. I told this to Fujitsu Australia and their customer service was just wonderful. Their regional manager personally came over and attended to my request and even gave me a free external DVD combo drive! I can say without any hesitation that they're very kind people. I've heard similar from some Fujitsu users in US right here on CNET. So, I'm quite sure that you won't lose in that aspect.

2. Fujitsu has been making very good tablets and notebooks for a long time and if you've already found a configuration that suits you, personally, I'd go with Fujitsu over Lenovo or Toshiba or Gateway any day. I know a couple of other Fujitsu users who've been using their notebooks for close to 5 years now and they're still happy with their units and there haven't had any breakdowns.

Good luck and ask more if you like...