Android forum

Question

Best notes app for Samsung

by Robert__S / August 4, 2012 11:30 AM PDT

I have a Galaxy Tab 8.9 and will soon be getting an Advance S phone. I'm looking for a simple notes app that can be synced online - preferably with Google. Nothing fancy - I only need to do text notes. AFAICS Samsung Pen Memo has to be synced manually which is a big pain - I can't see any option for automatic sync. Polaris Office looks a bit cumbersome for my needs. Are there any Google apps or should I look further afield - eg evernote?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best notes app for Samsung
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best notes app for Samsung
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Sync is easy. Nod to Dropbox, etc.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 4, 2012 11:34 AM PDT

Notetaking looks to be a failure. Unless we get a keyboard.
Bob

Collapse -
gnotes
by Robert__S / August 4, 2012 1:06 PM PDT

I installed GNotes. Seems to satisfy most of the criteria.

Collapse -
Didn't work as good as a device with a keyboard.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 4, 2012 1:32 PM PDT
In reply to: gnotes

Be sure to add that to your price above. It's one of those areas a tablet doesn't excel at.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
by ab24lmp / August 9, 2012 5:12 PM PDT

Why do not you install GNote to your device. Because I look like GNote fit your device.

Collapse -
Best notes app
by Robert__S / August 9, 2012 11:46 PM PDT

I did install gnotes. Its great.

Collapse -
Answer
Note application.
by Daniell2 / August 23, 2012 9:52 PM PDT

My cousin has Galaxy Note I haven't used it though he told me that he downloaded an application named as 'Blackmart Alpha' it's an apps search engine and allow you to download many paid apps for free. Try this if you think.

Collapse -
Answer
This is what I use.
by kalpitj / September 3, 2012 1:49 AM PDT

ColorNote is a great app, light weight and does not eat battery.
There is sync functionality too. Though, i haven't used it. But it works.

Most people prefer EverNote, but I really don't think a simple note taking app needs that many features. So, I recommend ColorNote.

Collapse -
Answer
Catch
by evti87 / September 4, 2012 11:55 AM PDT

I use Catch Notes. (https://catch.com), and it allows you to make notes in all different media. It syncs them to an online account, which you can access via your computer, and across any other devices you might use it on. It serves my purpose of being simple, yet has added functionality when I need it.

Collapse -
by Robert__S / September 4, 2012 5:10 PM PDT
In reply to: Catch

Hi - again.

Is there any software that syncs automatically? I seem to have to do this manually with all of these apps.

Collapse -
So far, no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 5, 2012 2:53 AM PDT

If you use Google Docs that might be considered an automatic sync but if we look at sync over the years, it's been either something we do by choice or in some cases automated with tools or settings.

This may seem odd to those newer users. That is, where is my flying car?
Bob

Collapse -
Catch again
by evti87 / September 5, 2012 12:09 PM PDT

With Catch Notes, you can set it to sync to a particular interval, or select so that it syncs only manually. I have mine set to sync every 24 hours, and to sync when I start it up. But you can set it to sync every hour if you want it to do it sooner.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.