Phones forum

General discussion

Best North America Phone Plan

by SoCalMoneyPit / July 28, 2006 7:59 AM PDT

We are from the US and are going to be in Canada for 6 months.
We currently have Cingular and have been told our phone bill will be 500+ a month with the amount of calls (Business & Private)
We don't have stock in Cingular and are open to change providers.
We will be in a RV with wireless connection (how good, who knows)
QUESTION:
WHO HAS THE BEST CELL PHONE PLAN FOR NORTH AMERICA

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best North America Phone Plan
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best North America Phone Plan
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You want a Canadian plan? Or both US and Canada?
by Jlak64 / August 17, 2006 1:00 AM PDT
Collapse -
Canadian vs. US plan
by userx--2008 / August 17, 2006 12:02 PM PDT

Well, I can't speak for the original poster, but I'm interested in the same subject, and AFAIC, it could be *either* US or Canadian, as long as it worked out cheaper for me to call out *from* both the US & Canada to a reasonable mix of numbers *in* both the US & Canada.

Does this help?...

Tks.

Collapse -
Might help
by uandmebaby / September 7, 2006 3:05 PM PDT

This webite should make it easier..Go to https://www.moreinfo247.com/9326278/WS scroll down the page and click on "click here to view available plans in your area" and punch in your zip code. you should get all the wireless plans in your area

Collapse -
'might help,' but does not
by userx--2008 / September 7, 2006 10:31 PM PDT
In reply to: Might help

Alas, this is not helpful, as there is no way to view (much less sort by) plans' North American calling features.

In fact, I am curious whether this last post was spam(?...) If so, it's pretty high quality spam insofar as it stumped me.

Collapse -
Verizon plan
by rhunter13 / September 8, 2006 2:25 AM PDT

We too spend time in both Canada and U.S. We have the Verizon North America Choice plan. It is $59.95 per month for 400 any time minutes, and 1000 nights and weekends. It works well in midwest, northwest and western Canada.

Collapse -
by majiqalmjc / July 17, 2009 2:14 PM PDT

I live in the US, and travel frequently to Canada. I am currently being ripped off by AT&T when in Canada - 50 cents for text messages, 50 cents per minute for calls in or out, 19 cents per minute for calls into or out of Canada, and charges for data (email, web browsing) so high I had to discontinue my data plan.

In looking around, it appears that Verizon has the best plan for US and Canada at $59.99 for 450 minutes ($79 for 900, etc,) with no surcharges unless you go over your allowance. Note that roaming outside the "close to the US border" coverage zone results in 69 cents a minute for calls and data (web and email) is $2 per MB.

You can get a data service with verizon for the US at $29.95 per month which excludes Canada (which would be charged at $2 per MB). I am told there is a $69.99 monthly option for unlimited data in US and Canada, but I cannot find it defined in their brochures.

Hope this helps

Collapse -
by supership / October 14, 2010 12:47 AM PDT

Try JITTERBUG. Same rates for calls to/from US/Canada.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.