Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Best Noise Cancelling Headphones

by Steve16 / July 7, 2010 11:14 AM PDT

I am looking for a good pair of noise cancelling headphones, not earbuds.I've already done my research and know that the Bose ones are the best ones money can buy however I don't have that kind of money so I am looking for an affordable pair of NC headphones. Somewhere under $200 would be much preferred.

If you could help me out here I would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best Noise Cancelling Headphones
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best Noise Cancelling Headphones
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The Boss that I heard at Sam's club was about $150 and...
by ahtoi / July 7, 2010 4:29 PM PDT

it sounded pretty darn good. But of course I have no idea how it would be in a plane ride. If you are not a Sam's member, maybe Costco would have them.

Collapse -
They do not carry Bose Headphones...
by Steve16 / July 8, 2010 4:18 AM PDT

Thank you for the suggestion however I looked at the Costco website and the Sam's Club site and they do have these one pair of Bose headphones but not the noise canceling ones that I am looking at.

But thanks again though.

Any other suggestions for a good pair of noise canceling headphones that do not cost an arm and a leg like the Bose Quiet Comfort 15.

Collapse -
Try these if you can still find them
by make_or_break / July 12, 2010 6:09 AM PDT

Audio Technica ATH-ANC7. Arguably a better value than Bose, but it's really up to your ears. The Bose QC-15 is much improved over earlier Bose efforts IMO, but the old ATH-ANC7 is still a better value. Problem is, Audio Technica replaced these with the ANC7B model and the audio quality has gone down BADLY with the newer version.

Amazon has one Marketplace seller who still has the original ANC7, but at their asking price ($249.99) it's not as good a bargain as it used to be. I bought my ANC7 about 2 1/2 to 3 yrs ago and paid $129 for my set...direct from Amazon themselves.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.