Laptops forum

Question

Best laptop brand

by sant4dev / August 6, 2011 2:09 PM PDT

I am planning to buy a laptop. I have planned to buy between these three options : dell,lenova, vaio. which one would be preferrable? plz suggest. I will mainly use it for programming, movies and lots of internet works.my budget is between 25 to 32 thosands(INR). Awaiting a early reply from you guys.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best laptop brand
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best laptop brand
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
which laptop i should bye
by ranjitrajan73 / March 4, 2012 7:24 PM PST
In reply to: Best laptop brand

I am planning to buy a laptop. I have planned to buy between these three options : dell, hp, vaio. which one would be preferrable? plz suggest. I will mainly use it for programming, movies and lots of internet works.my budget is between 700 dollars. Awaiting a early reply from you guys.

Collapse -
Re: laptop
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 4, 2012 7:27 PM PST

As the other posts in this thread told you already: there's no best brand and there's no best model in a particular brand.

Kees

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
By best brand?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 6, 2011 2:42 PM PDT

Apple leads by miles around here. But you should know that brand means little to what we really want.

Try this. Compare the models you are looking at.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
It's hard to say across the board what brand is the best.
by orlbuckeye / August 8, 2011 12:11 AM PDT

Who may have a certain model from Dell or Sony that compares anyone then cetrain models don't fair as well. I say identify a category of a laptop youre looking for such as Multi purpose, Multi media, business ultra portable or desktoop replacement and then research. You have may sources of information out like laptop forums and magazines reviews and ranking's.

Collapse -
in other words concentrate
by orlbuckeye / August 11, 2011 1:09 AM PDT

on models and not brands. All brands have models that are just better the their other models.

Collapse -
Answer
Any Specs?
by ankitvjain / August 9, 2011 12:08 AM PDT

I think a dell would give you more specs than the others in the same price range...Are you looking for any specs in particular?? Like a graphic card? or minimum HDD??

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.