Sony forum

General discussion

best HD Video converter from AVCHD files

by charlesgo / November 2, 2010 9:41 PM PDT

I have bought a Panasonic HDC - TM70-K video camcorder. bOTH sONY & Panasonic have raw AVCHD Video files from camcorder..But sad to say that my Samsung LED HDTV Series 7 (B Series) does not support to play M2TS video files via USB / HDD plug and play. So I need to convert it into like MP4, AVI or WMW.

The problem is, I dont know what is the right HD Video Converter that I will gonna use so that I can still view it on my tv withouth loosing quality from the original raw AVCHD file (M2TS) converted to avi, mp4 or wmv HD video files.. can somebody help me with this? thank.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: best HD Video converter from AVCHD files
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: best HD Video converter from AVCHD files
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: converter
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 2, 2010 9:46 PM PDT

Why post in a Sony forum if you have a Panasonic camcorder. Does Sony use the same AVCHD format as Panasonic?

Kees

Collapse -
yes...
by charlesgo / November 3, 2010 11:46 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: converter

yes. sony & pansonic both have AVCHD formats on full HD camcorders...

Collapse -
Handbrake - by far
by MilSF1 / November 5, 2010 2:35 AM PDT

Handbrake is what you want. Free and awesome. You can get the significantly better daily builds at https://build.handbrake.fr I'm pretty sure you can use the High Profile preset and that it will play on the newer Sonys. I would do some test encodings with just a few minutes of video. Handbrake can also handle the 1080/60p video the TM700k puts out at the highest setting.

If you are on a Mac, you can also try ClipWrap (free demo for 1min of material, $50 for full version) which will just rewrap the mts files into MPEG4 containers without any video transcoding. Would suggest a good 801.11n router for that option.

Collapse -
good hd video converter
by evanly / March 31, 2013 1:50 PM PDT

I advise you try ddvideo hd video converter gain.it works great.I'm using it.

Good Luck!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.