Cameras forum

General discussion

Best digital camera for Realtors?

by nathanayoung / August 21, 2006 1:30 PM PDT

My wife and I are Realtors in Baltimore. I am looking to purchase a new digital camera. I want something decent with a large viewfinder that I can take wide angle interior pics with. My wife wants something sleek and ultra-portable. Any suggestions. I'd like to spend around $500.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best digital camera for Realtors?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best digital camera for Realtors?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wide Angle Lens
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / August 21, 2006 1:50 PM PDT

There are very few small digital cameras that have wide-angle lenses.

Canon - S70 and S80 (28mm)
Kodak V570 and V705(23mm)
Panasonic FX01, FX50, FX07 (28mm)

The two Kodak cameras have the widest angle lens (23mm focal length).

Collapse -
Re: Wide Angle Lens
by Big Steve / August 23, 2006 3:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Wide Angle Lens

Are those cameras which you listed in your post by Kodak good starter digital cameras or are they considered to be more advanced digital cameras? Do any of them offer image stabilization?

Big Steve
Biloxi, MS

Collapse -
Wide Angle
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / August 23, 2006 4:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Wide Angle Lens
Collapse -
One Hint
by Stan Chambers / August 21, 2006 3:53 PM PDT

For posting photos on a website or in multiple listings, a high resolution camera is not required. Anything above 2 mp will show great on a computer screen. I've found that a Kodak, Fuji, Canon, etc. point & shoot gives good results.

Collapse -
Image Stabilization and Image Quality
by tedfeely / August 26, 2006 5:32 AM PDT

I'm also interested in a digital camera for shooting indoors.

Will a camera with image stabilization enable high quality images when shooting without a flash and without a tripod?

Collapse -
by Kiddpeat / August 26, 2006 10:41 AM PDT

It can help somewhat with light by allowing slightly longer shutter speeds with no increase in the blur caused by shaking, or it can help when not using a tripod to stabilize the image at a specific shutter speed. It can't fully do both at the same time.

Collapse -
Image Stabilization
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / August 26, 2006 1:05 PM PDT
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.