General discussion

Best configuration for CS 5.5 Master Collection

by ojvest / October 27, 2011 4:43 AM PDT

I'm trying to piece together a system for running the Adobe cs 5.5
Master Collection.... Primarily Photoshop/ Illustrater / Dreamweaver but
thinking forward to the requirements of Premiere and After Effects

I don't have the money to go the Mac route, but I am being deluged with
too many terms on the pc side and don't know the difference between all
the different processors, graphic cards, motherboards, etc.. etc..

Xeon, i7, AMD/ Quadro, Radeon, Gforce

Too much conflicting and unhelpful information... even from the manufacturers.

Can someone please give me some advice as to the best system specs for running my software??

Thank You

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best configuration for CS 5.5 Master Collection
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best configuration for CS 5.5 Master Collection
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
That collection does so much that more is needed.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 27, 2011 4:47 AM PDT

I can't find if you are editing video, photos or ???

Also you didn't reveal if correct color is required. I find many to spend all the money on the CPU and such but end up with terrible output because they forgot to get color calibration gear like a Pantone Huey.
Bob

Collapse -
Yes to all that
by ojvest / November 8, 2011 2:02 AM PST

The answer to all those questions would be yes...

I am buying the master collection because it has and I use,, Photoshop, Illustrator, reamweaver, InDesign, Premier, After Effects.. plus all the other stuff that comes with it....

Like I said in the post primarily Photoshop/Illustrator etc (so pictures) but also Premiere/After Effects (so video)

and of course anyone using any of those will be concerned with color....

thank you

Collapse -
Now that we know correct color is mandated.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 11, 2011 8:50 AM PST
In reply to: Yes to all that

We look at what display we have then go get a Pantone Huey (or one of the other models.)

As to the "best" then there is none since there is a limit to the budget. I'd lead off with the OK i3, 4GB machine and move up to some 8GB i7 machine until I hit the budget.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.