Phones forum

Question

Best Budget T-Mobile Smartphone?

by Caprisaurus / February 19, 2013 4:01 AM PST

I have had a series of crappy phones and I'm looking to upgrade to a smartphone. I have a budget of around $100. If there is something amazing for a little more then I would like to hear about it though. The only ones I'm seeing so far in my price range are the Concord, Prism and possibly the Dart. Which one is the best and are there any better phones in my price range? Any help would be appreciated!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best Budget T-Mobile Smartphone?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best Budget T-Mobile Smartphone?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
That's it(?)
by Pepe7 / February 19, 2013 11:27 AM PST

Have you checked first to see what online upgrade offers they have now? I'd be shocked if you couldn't find an Optimus, mytouch or HTC One S for ~$100.

If you could spend another $50, Walmart has the Galaxy S for $149 w/ a $50 gift card. Much better specs.

Collapse -
Unfortunately ...
by Caprisaurus / February 19, 2013 1:36 PM PST
In reply to: That's it(?)

I probably should have specified but I don't want to get into a contract to upgrade phones, at least not yet. I looked on walmart.com and the only galaxy I see is a few hundred dollars without a contract. I guess I just have a hard time spending that kind of money on a cell phone when I could build a computer for the same amount.

Collapse -
Ask yourself a couple of questions first
by Pepe7 / February 20, 2013 12:41 AM PST
In reply to: Unfortunately ...

When I hear people say 'I don't want to get into a contract just to upgrade', I normally ask them a couple questions.

-Do you plan on moving somewhere where T-Mobile does not offer service during the next 24 mos?

-Have you ever had issues with your current service?

-Are you financially able to upgrade to a new phone?

Granted, the subsidized phone model stinks, but in your case, if you really want to upgrade and do not plan on moving for a couple years, why not simply take what's available via a contract extension/new contract(?)

Collapse -
Thanks
by Caprisaurus / February 20, 2013 3:26 AM PST

I'm tempted but I did the math and it doesn't make sense to do it. I do plan on keeping T-Mobile, but at the same time my plan will go up at least $20/month, times 12 months is $240. I could just buy a phone cash and not have a contract for the same price. I doesn't matter anyways though now, I got a Concord. Thanks for the help though.

Collapse -
Best Budget T-Mobile Smartphone?
by Carlton102 / May 4, 2013 3:47 AM PDT
In reply to: That's it(?)

T-Mobile Prism Pre-Paid. 100 and can be bought at Wal-Mart without contract.

Go to GSMNATION.COM and look around.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.