TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Best 50" plasma under $1500.00

by chessjunkie / September 24, 2010 2:57 AM PDT

Whats the best 50" plasma under $1500.00

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Best 50" plasma under $1500.00
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Best 50" plasma under $1500.00
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Panasonic TC-P50S2
by Dan Filice / September 24, 2010 5:51 AM PDT

This TV is under $900 at Best Buy. It's 1080p, 600Hz sub-field drive, Viera, etc. It's a no-frill Plasma, so if you need the useless streaming Netfilx, YouTube and other Internet stuff, then look elsewhere or at the G series Panasonic. Panny's have been getting rave reviews. I own the above 50" and also the Panny 42" Plasma, and the picture is stunning.

Collapse -
by chessjunkie / September 24, 2010 7:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Panasonic TC-P50S2

Thanks for your response.But you can now get the G-series for $100.00 more.

Collapse -
(NT) You've answered your own question.
by Dan Filice / September 24, 2010 9:30 AM PDT
Collapse -
by chessjunkie / September 24, 2010 11:32 PM PDT

By me telling you that I can get the Panasonic G-series for a hundred dollars less doesn't make it the best plasma under $1500.00

Collapse -
No, saying so doesn't make it so, but it is, IMHO
by Dan Filice / September 25, 2010 6:44 AM PDT

Aside from the Pioneer Kuro, for mega bucks, Panasonic is making Plasma TVs that consistently get rave reviews. Who else makes Plasma TVs that are worth a darn except for Samsung. Just don't ask me to give my opinion of Samsung TVs.

Collapse -
Why...
by Pepe7 / September 25, 2010 11:15 AM PDT

...are you posting questions here if you already know your options and prices, and more importantly, have already formed hard opinions on which ones are better (e.g. G-series vs. S2)? Seems silly to me.

FWIW, the PQ will be very similar between those two Pannys. Perhaps the performance will be better w/ the G series as it has a single glass panel with the AR filter bonded onto it like the Kuros do. For most non-videophile folks looking for a strong value and not needing the extra internet features, the S2 might be preferable.

Collapse -
by chessjunkie / September 25, 2010 12:04 PM PDT
In reply to: Why...

Why would you respond to a silly question. As I was told in grade school no question is a silly question. Have a good day buddy.

Collapse -
There's this crazy thing called...
by Pepe7 / September 26, 2010 5:38 AM PDT

...forum etiquette. You might want to look it up sometime.

Collapse -
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 26, 2010 5:41 AM PDT

This discussion is going nowhere.

You seem to have your own views on the question you asked, so good luck with your search.

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.