Samsung forum

General discussion

BDP1600 stuck on LOAD

by carlosdiaz771 / July 15, 2009 11:25 PM PDT

My 2 week old blu-ray player gets stuck on LOAD. I can only open and close the tray. I disconnected the player and let it sit for 15 minutes. it started working again... for a day. it asked me to do a software upgrade and it started to do the same thing again after. i tried pressing the FF key for 12 secs and nothing resets. is there another way to reset the player? is there a solution to this issue?

any help would be appreciated, i called SAMSUNG and after 10 minutes on the phone they said to ship it in to be looked at. But it seems that i am not alone on this issue.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BDP1600 stuck on LOAD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BDP1600 stuck on LOAD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Same
by Hidohebhi / July 16, 2009 7:29 AM PDT
In reply to: BDP1600 stuck on LOAD

Mine (HD-BD1255) is stuck on 'Open'. I don't know if it's related. Mine is 1 day old.

Collapse -
Same
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 16, 2009 11:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Same

Hidohebhi,

Do you mean that the door is stuck open? If it's only 1 day old, you may want to exchange it for a new model from the retailer.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Update
by Hidohebhi / July 17, 2009 3:23 AM PDT

Just the display is stuck on Open. I can switch to D.Ini sound, Tuner, etc but when I switch back to DVD/BD I get that on the display. I unplugged and let it sit for 10 minutes last night and it came back ok. I'll wait and see if it happens again.

Collapse -
Samsung Firmware for Blu Ray player
by bradyfactor / September 6, 2010 11:58 AM PDT

It appears there is a serious bug within the firmware for the Samsung player. It does not appear to be a H/W failure to me (and I build h/w and firmware systems for a living) and the need to pay to have my player fixed outside of warranty on something that is clearly a systemic issue is terrible service. I like many on this thread are more than willing to try to work through this if Samsung would be willing to provide guidance. I was considering buying the new Samsung Plasma TV, but given this service and the obvious problems with serious bugs in their firmware I am not certain I will be willing to spend additional money on their products. Has anyone on this thread had successful interactions with Samsung in regards to this issue? Oh and thanks for the helpful posts people there appeared as if they would work, but after installing the firmware upgrade using the reset trick the system will not reload with or without the FF held down.

Collapse -
BDP1600 stuck on LOAD
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 16, 2009 11:05 AM PDT

carlosdiaz771,

You might try downloading the firmware from the website, burning it onto a disc and reloading the firmware update. If you're not able to do that successfully, then the best thing to do would to send it in and have the unit repaired.

--HDTech

Collapse -
BD-P1600 stuck on load
by justhits / December 31, 2009 5:40 AM PST

I had the exact same problems with the player not responding, only the power and eject buttons worked on the player remote, and can confirm the player does indeed have trouble with anynet (or whatever your TV calls the automated signals sent through HDMI to control your devices). I found a permanent fix, since unplugging your player will not do the trick. First off you will probably need to update your firmware. It took so long to download over hi-speed internet that I fell asleep with it downloading, and checked it in the morning. The weird part was when I updated, the menu while downloading said the player would shut off automatically, but it never did. So when I woke up I tried the remote and nothing, but I did figure it to be an anynet problem since the samsung TV remote still worked to control the bluray player!! But the remote that came with the player was unresponsive, and player was stuck on the load screen!!

To fix for good, once you have upgraded the firmware, and confirm through the BR's menu screen that the latest firmware has been applied, start the player without a disc in "no-disc" mode. Press the FF button on your player (not remote) for about 10-20 secs. Then voila, it will work just as it should. By the way, this took me about 2 hours of troubleshooting and searching the net for a solution, so I am a bit peeved that I wasted that time of my life fixing something that should work perfect anyway. Boooo Sumsung for that!

Collapse -
BD-P1600 stuck on load
by winterb123 / January 23, 2010 3:47 PM PST
In reply to: BD-P1600 stuck on load

Justhits, thanks so much for your post. You have good karma coming to you:) I had the exact same problem with my Samsung blu-ray player being stuck on "load". I tried your steps and it fixed my player as well. I'm also very disappointed in Samsungs website for not having this fix in the troubleshooting section.

Collapse -
Clarification
by rhl3 / March 6, 2010 5:29 PM PST

I have the same exact issue, but my samsung tv remote does not seem to have an option to control the blue ray player. Also, holding the FF button for as long as 45 seconds doesn't work either. Am i missing something from your problem/solution?

1) I installed the firmware update (with a DVD in because I didn't know that was bad)
2) my blue ray player shut off
3) I turned it back on
4) the readout says "load" for 2-3 mins and the tv is showing the load screen
5) then the screen changes to "No Signal"

Collapse -
BD-P1600 stuck on load
by XI3XPLICITIX / April 4, 2010 2:13 PM PDT
In reply to: Clarification

i had the same issue just unplug the player and plug it right back in and it should work.

Collapse -
Same problem, worse results
by samsung-no-more / April 28, 2010 7:39 AM PDT

You all should feel much better. I paid $263.99 for this useless device back on March 2009. At that time, I had an LCoS TV that was "being services." Two month went by and the TV was still out cold. All this time, my brand new BD-P1600 simply collected dust.
When I finally bought a new, of all things, plasma Samsung 20B550, I started using the Blu-ray. I failed to track DVDs and took it back to Best Buy. They looked for a possible Firmware update but the device was too new and none was available, so they sent it to Samsung and came back No Trouble Found.
The thing stuck-unstuck by itself a couple other times but last April 25 it did go out completely. I took it back to Best Buy and requested a copy of my receipt, which I could not find. Well, the darn thing is out of warrantee, thus I have to fork out the cost of transportation, service and repair.
NO WAY! I will spend that money in buying any other brand Blu-ray drive but Samsung.
And I was going to buy a Samsung fridge? sure thing now with the excellent service and consumer commitment of that company.

Collapse -
Samsung BP1600 - LOAD light stays on OPEN / CLOSE not workin
by bambeanowe / May 30, 2010 7:38 AM PDT

SOunds like I've got the same problem. I tried to watch a movie the other night. Using remote, powered the unit on, and that was it. The OPEN/CLOSE button didn't do anything on the remote. Tried on the usit and just heard the button noise. Basically, nothing worked once powered on. Pressed the power button again and the unit powered off. I then pressed the OPEN button which turned the system on and the door opened but would not shut with a DISC. Took disc out and powered off again. Pressed open button again, door opened and I put in a disc. Door would not shut so hit power button to turn off. Powered unit on, and the LOAD light came on and the movie would not go past the LOAD. I repeated all of the above many times and basically, the OPEN/CLOSE button didn't work on the remote or system and once I did it with the DISC already in the system, all it would do is load. What a "Piece". I've had the system since Christmas. Best Buy just wanted to send back for repair. Samsung would pay for parts but I would need to pair LAbor. What a crock. A system that is only 5 months old, probably only played 10 movies through it and was a Christmas present from the kids. Boy dod they feel back and I've got to deal with the headaches from Best Buy and Samsung. HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
This unit has problems I recommend LG
by john-sfsu / June 13, 2010 1:22 PM PDT

I am struggling to trying to fix this for my friend. She bought it several months ago and gave up after it couldn't play any discs. This thing failed right away. She didn't do any research and just went on the brand name. I thought Samsung was typically higher in quality than LG but I have my doubts. I bought an LG and it works great. They don't seem to have all these problems.

Collapse -
Reset was the only fix for me
by bithead42 / July 17, 2010 7:40 AM PDT

After reading this thread, I decided to try a firmware update. Nice theory, but the problem is that other than Power and Open/Close, the remote signals are not processed, so when the Yes/No prompt appears, there is no way to select either. Fortunately the reset trick did work, and only then could I update the firmware. Also, the reset trick did turn out to be a trick...

If I powered the unit on with no disc inside, it would end up at the firmware update notice, leaving me at a Yes/No prompt that could not be answered. I could get the Yes/No prompt to go away by opening an closing the tray, but then it was stuck in Close mode and did not respond the reset cue of holding down the FF button. To get that to work, I powered the unit off, then held down the FF button during power up. This worked as I hoped, though I'm not sure exactly why. In the end it caused the unit to go to a No Disc state without presenting the Yes/No firmware prompt, after which the reset did work.

Collapse -
Don't Worry!
by thesirensix / November 16, 2010 10:31 AM PST

Easy solution - unplug system from outlet, hold down power button on disconnected unit for 10-20 seconds and then turn system back on. Unit should now display "no disc" status!

Collapse -
Thanks!
by RSGamoke / December 6, 2010 11:32 AM PST
In reply to: Don't Worry!

This solution worked perfect for me, thank you!

Collapse -
Works, but must be repeated
by kclancy55 / December 10, 2010 9:51 AM PST

This solution worked for me however, I must do this now every time I turn on the machine. It's starting to get old.

Collapse -
Works, but must be repeated.
by kclancy55 / December 10, 2010 9:54 AM PST

Just wanted to add that this problem started occuring after I upgraded to the latest firmware version.

Collapse -
Works, but must be repeated.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 13, 2010 4:15 AM PST

kclancy55,

When you reset, try doing it with an empty disc tray, reset it, and power it down. Power it up, connect to the Internet and turn it off again.

Then power it up and put your first disc in it. From there, it should work okay. Usually the LOAD is an issue if the firmware wasn't able to fully load (empty tray). If you still have an issue after that, we might get it set up for service. But try that first.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Any new solutions for Load problem
by jsanpr / January 13, 2011 4:19 AM PST

I've had a Samsung BD-P1500-XAA player for about 18 months, with very low use. I turn on the player a day after it had been operating correctly, suddenly, came on with the Load problem. When I power on the unit it starts a noise like trying to load the DVD disk. The TV detected the player, because the Samsung screen is displayed in the TV. After loading attempt fails, the "no disk" message is displayed on the player screen and the in the TV Samsung screen. I have tried all your recommendations without any success. I upgrade the firmware from current version: 080822.01.XAA to new latest (from Samsung.Com Web page) version: 100907.01.XAA. The load problem still there. Dos some knows is this is a manufacturer problem and it has been quote to Samsung. Any new recommendations.

Collapse -
Worst of both worlds...
by iduser / January 25, 2011 7:21 AM PST

Samson BD-P1600

With the door is closed and no disc - stuck on LOAD
If I open the door and then close - stuck on CLOSE

I have tried holding the FF button down, I have tried disconnecting LAN, I have unplugged the unit and I have held the power button down while the unit was unplugged.

Yesterday my son said he said yes to the 'Upgrade Firmware' prompt. Any ideas?

Collapse -
Me too :(
by minchoi420 / January 26, 2011 2:16 PM PST

Model: Samsung BD-P1600

I was prompted to download a new firmware update, which froze my device and made it unresponsive to anything. I was forced to unplug the power and now it's stuck on LOAD. I can open and close the tray, but that's about it. When I do, it switches from LOAD to CLOSE. I tried to upgrade the firmware via USB, but that does nothing too. I also tried all the above listed tricks to no avail (Hold Power, FF, etc). Any other ideas?

Collapse -
Talked to Samsung
by iduser / January 26, 2011 9:22 PM PST
In reply to: Me too :(

and this firmware crashes our model of BlueRay (BD-P1600)and there is no 'fix' we can do ourselves. Give them a call and they will have you ship it in for repair

Collapse -
Same happened to me
by Graham178 / March 3, 2011 4:41 AM PST
In reply to: Talked to Samsung

Have you had any luck fixing this? The same thing happened to me yesterday. Its such a joke!! Samsung should not be distributing software updates that are clearly not properly tested!

Collapse -
not working
by niceam / January 8, 2012 3:15 AM PST

with no disc in, I unplug the system from outlet. Hold Power button for 10-20 sec. Then turn it back on. It still said "LOAD".

I download the firmware upgrade on usb. How do I install it?

Collapse -
Same happened to Me
by Graham178 / March 3, 2011 4:44 AM PST

Have you had any luck fixing this? The same thing happened to me yesterday. Its such a joke!! Samsung should not be distributing software updates that are clearly not properly tested! Could the Samsung Online Ambassador please advise me

Collapse -
Same happened to Me
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 4, 2011 3:09 PM PST
In reply to: Same happened to Me

Graham178,

For anyone having issues with a firmware update that causes their unit not to work, or get stuck with the "LOAD" message, please post your transaction number from your call to the Samsung customer service center and I'll be happy to escalate any issues. I'm monitoring this thread.

--HDTech

Collapse -
LOAD screen issue
by sbillings / March 6, 2011 5:11 AM PST

I spoke with customer service today and was politely told "Gee that's too bad - You can pay to have it repaired."

Nice customer service Samsung... Nice...

Collapse -
Customer Reference Number
by Graham178 / March 6, 2011 6:02 PM PST

My customer reference number from e-mails is:

I also rang the support line on Saturday. They told me they would ring me back and never did. Very dissatified with Samsung so far. Could you please escalate this issue.

Thank you

Collapse -
Customer Reference number
by Graham178 / March 6, 2011 9:32 PM PST

My customer reference number is 2113838550

Collapse -
Customer Reference number -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 7, 2011 12:03 PM PST

Graham178,

I've set that up as of this evening.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.