Samsung

General discussion

bdc 5500 Gone slow retrieving from Netflix

by runner51 / November 16, 2010 12:22 AM PST

Used to be that when I viewed netlix my computer was much slower to retrieve then by 5500. Now all of the sudden my 5500 has slowed way down when retrieving. I can get it to my computer much quicker. Did some firmware update change the way the 5500 is connecting and retrieving from Netflix.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: bdc 5500 Gone slow retrieving from Netflix
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: bdc 5500 Gone slow retrieving from Netflix
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
bdc 5500 Gone slow retrieving from Netflix
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 17, 2010 2:37 PM PST

runner51,

The firmware changed the layout for the improved interface for Netflix. This may cause a slightly longer load time when the App is launched, but there shouldn't be a significant change in retrieving movies from the service itself.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Still dragging
by runner51 / December 2, 2010 1:10 AM PST

Something slowed it down. I know the netflix layout is nicer to work with but once it goes to download a movie it takes longer than either of my PC's now.

Collapse -
Having the same problem- BDC-5500/XAA
by gdonnell1964 / August 12, 2011 5:44 AM PDT

I also notice an incredibly long wait for a movie to download and play. Even with a 12mb/s DSL connection, it usually takes a few minutes to start! Very aggrevating...we have a wireless Roku player 2 rooms away that loads in just a few seconds, so I don't understand why it takes soooo long for the Samsung (which is wired, btw...and yes, I've check the cables and router!) Please help! Thanks.

Collapse -
no sound w/ Netflix since update
by zapatasghost / November 26, 2010 1:25 AM PST

There is no longer sound on any streamed Netflix movie since the last update! Much improved Netflix app - but it's useless if I can't hear any of the movies!!!!

Collapse -
no sound w/ Netflix since update
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 29, 2010 12:59 PM PST

zapatasghost,

Have you checked your audio settings in both the Blu-Ray player and the TV? If it's in Bitstream, try setting it to PCM. (HDMI directly connected to TV? Or receiver?)

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks!
by zapatasghost / November 30, 2010 12:01 PM PST

great! problem solved. Thanks!

Collapse -
Thanks!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 1, 2010 12:17 PM PST
In reply to: Thanks!

zapatasghost,

Great news. I'm happy it's working. Happy

--HDTech

Collapse -
always slow...
by zapatasghost / August 12, 2011 8:28 AM PDT

My 5500 has always been almost excruciatingly slow to load Netflix movies - both before and after the Netflix app update. Mine is connected via Ethernet to 7mb DSL. I assumed that was just the way Netflix streaming worked until I saw an AppleTV at a friend's house load a streamed Netflix movie almost instantly on a similar speed DSL - on wifi!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.