Samsung

Question

BD-P3600 Netflix streaming problem. Any suggestions?

by dtlove / January 31, 2013 4:31 AM PST

Starting about a week ago Netflix HD movies will no longer download and play over my Samsung BD-P3600. Even when I set the quality level to the lowest level at Netflix, HD movies won't play. At higher quality settings, no movies will stream....they just time out and I get the Netflix message to select another title. Connected to the same TV, and using the same network, is a Wii console which will play all Netflix movies, even at the "best" quality setting at Netflix. Also, all movies will play on my iPad. Have tired resetting the Blu-Ray player, deactivating and reactivating the Netflix account, and even setting up another Netflix account, but nothing works, I am on the most recent firmware release and have tried to re-install it, but the player just says it is on the latest release (2.22). Have talked to Samsung support at least six times and no one can resolve this. They say it is not a player problem since some videos will play at the lower resolution setting. I recently migrated from a 6.0 Mb DSL to a 12.0 Mb UVerse internet link. so bandwidth should not be a problem. The move to UVerse was around Jan7th, and I think everything worked OK until about Jan 17th. Any suggestions from anyone?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BD-P3600 Netflix streaming problem. Any suggestions?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BD-P3600 Netflix streaming problem. Any suggestions?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Please read a recent discussion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 31, 2013 4:42 AM PST
Collapse -
Thanks but no help there.
by dtlove / January 31, 2013 7:58 AM PST

I read through the link and nothing applies really. I am wired to the AT&T UVerse router and have set the time correctly on the Blu-Ray player, and don't see anything else to try. I have also tried Netflix with the wireless connection on the player and get the same results. Between Nteflix, AT&T and Samsung something is funky but it still looks like the player to me. I just ordered a Panasonic player to replace the Samsung, as I don't see any prospect of finding a solution. A network savy Samsung second tier person might find a solution, but they won't let me get to the second tier application techs when I call in. So I give up!

Collapse -
Sorry to read that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 31, 2013 8:42 AM PST

There are a lot of other reasons I find with Uverse. Not long ago they didn't have a current IP address in the ATT DNS so we changed to Google DNS to get around that.

But you're right. Why should consumers have to know that? And changing players is a good thing. Sends messages up the supply chain.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.