Samsung forum

General discussion

BD-P1590 Samsung Blu-ray- how to change netflix user/code

by mssapols / December 10, 2010 2:35 AM PST

I've used Netflix and its been fine on my blu ray player for around a year, but I want to use a different Netflix account to watch movies. As far as I can tell there is absolutely no information to be found on how to do this in the manual or online nor are there any obvious settings to do this. Does anyone know how?

Alternatively, how can you do a cold-reset of the system so my netflix info is not in the memory??

Thanks!!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BD-P1590 Samsung Blu-ray- how to change netflix user/code
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BD-P1590 Samsung Blu-ray- how to change netflix user/code
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
BD-P1590 Samsung Blu-ray- how to change netflix user/code
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 10, 2010 7:44 AM PST

mssapols,

Let's see if I can help.

Log into the current Netflix account that your player is linked to (on the Netflix website) and "Deactivate the device".

Once that's done, LOG OUT of the account.

Now, run the Netflix App on the Blu-Ray player. It will ask for a new code. Log into the new account you want to use, and then go to http://www.netflix.com/Activate **while logged in with the new account**. Enter the code from the screen into the webpage, and your player should reflect the queued titles in your player.

Does that help?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Ok
by mssapols / December 11, 2010 12:10 AM PST

*smacks forhead* Awesome that's so easy. I just assumed I had to do it through the blu ray player since that's how you do it through xbox and other things I've used with Netflix.

Thank you!

Collapse -
Ok
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 13, 2010 6:14 AM PST
In reply to: Ok

mssapols,

Every App can be different, so it can be a little confusing.

Glad to hear it worked out. Happy

--HDTech

Collapse -
Yes, but what if....
by krinana / August 10, 2011 10:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Ok

I bought an open box model, same blu ray player, and someone had logged into their netflix account on the machine. Obviously I can't get into their account online to deactivate the device, so is there any other way to log out via the blu ray player itself?? Please help. Thanks.

Collapse -
Addl help
by vpetrie / January 13, 2012 11:57 AM PST

My son hooked our player to his Netflix account when visiting recently and we went through your steps to deactivate his and....to no avail, his queue still comes up. He called Netflix and they confirmed his deactivation from all devices. Please help...if you can.

Collapse -
Addl help
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 13, 2012 5:25 PM PST
In reply to: Addl help

vpetrie,

Collapse -
Changing Netflix accounts on Blue Ray Model BD-E5400
by lauriezorko / November 10, 2012 10:50 AM PST
In reply to: Addl help

I am trying to set up a differnt Netflix account on the Blue Ray BD-E5400 I have tryed signing off on the current account and disable all devices, did not work, as well as when loging on to Netflix account on the Blue Ray hitting the tool button and didn't change either. Please help me change accounts.
Thank You.

Collapse -
Just the weekend so try the Netflix KONAMI maneuver.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 10, 2012 10:53 AM PST
Collapse -
by BJDoug / January 27, 2013 7:41 AM PST

This works but you have to be in an area where the screen does not go up and down.
This was great and worked.

Collapse -
That doesn't work because...
by ladcrp / April 20, 2013 11:34 AM PDT

I do not have access to the "old netflix" account. i only have access to the new netflix account. I can't deactivate the device because I don't have the old netflix account.

help.

Collapse -
(NT) So the Konami didn't help?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 21, 2013 12:42 AM PDT
Collapse -
LOGGING OUT OF A DEVICE/ DEACTIVATING FROM YOUR BLURAY
by LadyCassafrass / January 8, 2014 1:22 AM PST

1. From within the Netflix application, press the Options button on the remote.
Select Account.

2. If the Account option does not appear onscreen, enter the following sequence:
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up

3. Select either Yes, Start Over, or Deactivate.

Collapse -
Model BD-F5700
by DennaBee / January 24, 2014 12:11 PM PST

There's a Netflix account on my blu-ray that I am unable to deactivate the device online (I don't have access to the account holder anymore) and I'm trying to find a way to log out so I can sign into my account.

I have tried the up, up, down, down, sequence. I've hit the tools and info buttons while in the account. Nothing happens. At all. There's no menu that pops up, there's not an error code or anything. It just sits. I have no idea what to do next, and this is the only place where I've truly found any information at all. Anyone? Assistance is greatly appreciated.

Collapse -
In the USA
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 25, 2014 12:55 AM PST
In reply to: Model BD-F5700

Use 1800SAMSUNG and have them walk you through it. If it fails, it can mean the TV needs service which they can arrange.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: Model BD-F5700
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 27, 2014 1:23 AM PST
In reply to: Model BD-F5700
Collapse -
Thanks alot
by umkiper / February 21, 2014 10:41 AM PST

I was stuck on the finish signup screen on my bd-f5100 and i tried what you wrote and was able to add my account finally,factory reset didnt do anything either.someone decided to signup instead of adding my account and didnt finish the signup.

Collapse -
Read this link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 22, 2014 1:44 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks alot
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.