Samsung forum

Question

BD-E5300 supports allshare or not?

by xtopaz / October 1, 2012 2:54 AM PDT

Dear HD Tech,

Does BD-E5300 support allshare or not? Samsung websites say it does, and the manual says it does too, but I can't discover it from my PC using allshare 2.1.0.12031_10 for PC. Firmware has been updated to 1009.2 but no difference.

So I just need clarification and confirmation whether it really supports allshare or not, and what kind of allshare if it does, and if possible to guide me how to make it work.

I can access internet (Youtube etc) from it so internet/network connection is not the issue I believe, unless there are specific ports need to be defined on router.

Thanks

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BD-E5300 supports allshare or not?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BD-E5300 supports allshare or not?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
It's in the manual as well.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 1, 2012 3:02 AM PDT

The most common reason I see this to fail are firewalls. I find them in the router and on the PC. For example if a Windows 7 PC connects to a network and you don't answer "Home" then windows 7 blocks sharing and more.

We also find firewalls in newer routers. We can only speculate why they did that. Breaks a lot of things.

"Check if you have a firewall enabled.
If so, disable the firewall function." Page 23 from manual at
http://www.samsung.com/sg/support/model/BD-E5300/XS

I have never found a document about ports.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Re: BD-E5300 supports Allshare or not?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 1, 2012 4:50 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re: BD-E5300 supports Allshare or not?
by BitRipper / November 25, 2012 8:49 PM PST

Hello!

Well, the specs say that BD-E5300 supports Allshare. Does anybody have more hands-on experience on setting up the connection? I have BD-E5300 and PC with AllShare software, as well as Galaxy S3 with AllShare, and the cell phone is seeing a PC but neither device is able to connect with BD-E5300. BD-E5300 is not communicating via Allshare, how this service should be set up? Data Connection is ok and the cell phone is in the same LAN without firewalls. Also, PC is in the same LAN and S3 is able to find it. BD-E5300 doesn't offer any possibilty to configure AllShare, could it be due to out-of-date firmware? Help would be appreciated because I found the manual of BD-E300 a bit too uninformative about Allshare (mentioned once).

Thanks!

Collapse -
About no firewalls.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 25, 2012 11:34 PM PST

I find that many routers have them. Consumers think it's needed so it was added and creates trouble when setting up such things.

I can't be more specific.

As to out of date firmware, that's a good reason for it not to work too.
Bob

Collapse -
Did you ever get this working?
by samlii / December 26, 2012 1:37 AM PST

I am having a similar problem where nothing sees the player and the player sees nothing. I was thinking maybe it was since I didn't have a usb drive attached for storage, but no such luck.

Collapse -
No..
by BitRipper / December 28, 2012 4:08 PM PST

To this day I don't know what Allshare means concerning E5300. It's not a firewall problem. There just isn't any possibility to start/configure Allshare in BD- E5300. Also surprised that the manual doesn't really address this functionality.

Collapse -
Then back to Samsung.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 28, 2012 6:15 PM PST
In reply to: No..

In the US it's 1800SAMSUNG to have them explain it better. It's best if you don't use xtopaz's post about this.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
by zpeltan / January 29, 2013 3:32 PM PST

PS3 Media Server worked for me.

I didnt success with Allshare software

Collapse -
Answer
by komputer204 / February 19, 2013 8:02 PM PST

Allshare on E5300 is supported and it works for me.
i just configure it like on below:

E5300>>>>Router<<<<<PC/Samsung Android(Allshare has been installed)
connected by wired ethernet to the same AP Router.

No special setting,(i try on PC with Firewall setting OFF).

on Allshare via PC, maybe you should setting to Allow on Privelege Settings.
Tools>Settings>Privelege Settings>Check Allow on BD E5300.

i hope that can help you.

*Note
Router using Linksys Cisco E2000
Allshare PC version using 2.1.0.12031_10

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.