TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Bathroom TV

by bpbrown1 / April 14, 2007 10:51 PM PDT

What is the best TV to use in a bathroom application where moisture is obviusly an issue?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Bathroom TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Bathroom TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
THIS I CANNOT BELIEVE
by stewart norrie / April 15, 2007 2:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Bathroom TV

I do know they have t.vs in some of the new refregators, so why not put freezer next to toilet. dont forget a sweet 7.1 audio system and vibrating shower You may try a newspaper there are two ways you can use them just a joke stewee

Collapse -
Is this in the shower stall or above the battub.
by ahtoi / April 15, 2007 4:20 AM PDT

With enough money you can do almost anything. hehe

Collapse -
Bathroom TV
by bpbrown1 / April 15, 2007 4:38 AM PDT

outside the shower stall, not in...

Collapse -
I think all you need is a...
by ahtoi / April 15, 2007 1:01 PM PDT

powerful exhaust fan in this bathroom so that no steam will buildup.

Collapse -
REAL BAD IDEA!!!
by Riverledge / April 15, 2007 1:04 PM PDT

river.

Collapse -
bathroom tv
by cleverstuff / April 26, 2007 8:19 PM PDT

there are some good bathroom tvs on <a href="http://www.buycleverstuff.co.uk/index.asp?function=DISPLAYCAT&catid=25">this website</a> have a look, the tilevision ones are quite good but there are smaller ones aswel

Collapse -
WHAT SIZE ARE YOU CONSIDERING???
by Riverledge / April 26, 2007 10:24 PM PDT
In reply to: bathroom tv

I am guessing this is the master suite, correct?

River.

Collapse -
size
by bpbrown1 / April 27, 2007 1:03 AM PDT

in the 20" range and yes the master suite.

Collapse -
23" = $2,500
by givemeaname / April 27, 2007 4:28 AM PDT
In reply to: size
Collapse -
NOW, WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT; REALLY, HUH.............
by Riverledge / April 27, 2007 8:11 AM PDT
In reply to: In shower TV

Best wishes,
River.

Collapse -
alright seriously?
by jcc1756 / April 29, 2007 10:54 AM PDT

do you really need a tv in your bathroom? i mean i can understand not wanting to miss a sporting event but other than that, just take a newspaper or magazine. though i'm guessing your really rich and can buy whatever you want and probably has a cadilac escelade.

Collapse -
"0" to be rich and stupid at the same time
by stewart norrie / April 29, 2007 12:39 PM PDT
In reply to: alright seriously?

Ya ya gotta have it in the bathroom, kitchen, freg. back in the front seat and back seat of your car And what frys me the most is when you put the dam thing in the back seat so your brats dont have to see the beautful landscape You rich idiots should get a life most normal people use the bathroom but dont love in it happy days stewee

Collapse -
to be rich or not to be
by bpbrown1 / April 29, 2007 1:08 PM PDT
In reply to: alright seriously?

toyota camry. thank you very much. If you think I am so rich wouldnt I have my people asking these questions? Just an average joe that works hard for my money that doesnt want to waste money on buying something that is going breakdown on me.....tv or car or anything else.

Collapse -
MR BROWN I CANNOT LIE ANYMORE
by stewart norrie / April 30, 2007 3:08 AM PDT

I'am a rich wannabe, I own a 97 Cadillac Eldorado with bling bling wheels and tires so folks think i'am rich also own a old piece of junk 25 year old mobil home but when you go into the family room you feel you are in a movie palace . So what I do is blind fold my friends until they go into my theater room they still think I'am rich. When I was young teenager that was ahh 50 years ago yes really I had many rich friends there parents lived in nice homes but lived a simple life drove cheap cars nothing fancy also my friends worked went to school etc etc, now days rich folks throw it in your face most are nasty , mean and self centered So glad you seem to be a normal person I take back all the nasty things I said about you cant help you with your bathroom t.v I still think a newspaper is the best idea ha hastewee

Collapse -
TV in the bathroom not unusual
by bluecollar11 / January 3, 2010 11:30 PM PST

Believe it or not, lots of people have had small tv's with rabbit ears in their bathrooms for years - mostly so that when they get their butts out of bed to go to work at 5:30 a.m., they can catch the morning news. Or, perhaps the lady of the house likes to soak in a nice hot bath while watching her favorite movie or TV show. TV's in the bathroom are especially handy if they do not have a TV in the bedroom. I checked this forum as I was doing a google search regarding the same issue (for the reasons stated above). I am far, far from wealthy - just happen to manage our money wisely and want to keep informed while preparing for our day at work. I'm not looking for anything giant. Just a small flat panel for general purpose use. If anyone has suggestions regarding this matter, please post.

Collapse -
Riv, you apparently haven't done the annual big Parade of
by NM_Bill / April 30, 2007 8:33 AM PDT

Homes thing recently. While walking through some more expensive homes, it's now not rare to see a big flat screen built in in a master bath. And that's with a remote so you can alternate to see who just rang the front door or your set of security cameras.

Ain't American free enterprise great? One set of people who don't get neglected is luxuries for those who have the extra bucks come much more freely than for working stiffs.

In fact if free enterprise can't easily do it by themselves, government will get involved. It was 40 years before I revisited my old Air Force base area around Oxnard, Cal. Half the old public beach & a good chunk of Port Huenueme Sea Bees training base were taken for a luxurious marina. You see, Cal is so crowded that there are many well heeled folks. The local ones couldn't be accomodated at the traditional ones like Marina Del Ray & shouldn't be expected to travel that far. The large marina is not now being used anywhere near its capacity, but government can be counted on to take care of the rich.

Collapse -
GEE WHIZ, I FELT LIKE I WATCHED TOO MUCH "HGTV"...........
by Riverledge / April 30, 2007 12:22 PM PDT

BUT IT'S hard to keep up with everything! The KITCHEN show alone drives me up the proverbial wall! "I WANT THAT IN MY KITCHEN," I feel so damn poor. Yikes.

Well, I'm poor. I'm saving for an HDTV; a bigger one. I try to minimize my time in the bathroom. To each his/her own.

River.

Collapse -
We too watch a lot of HGTV & Food Network
by NM_Bill / April 30, 2007 12:47 PM PDT

Its fantasy stuff like all those old Doris day movies where the male romantic lead always lived in an apartment that would be 2 million bucks today.

Food network may easy anxiety about making some things thought fancy. However, it's not reality that half the people should think they have a need for professional ranges & enormous Sub Zero brand refrigerators. Some who get a pro range in a new house because they have the opportunity may get a shock at the enormous amount of heat they generate & the fuel cost to provide that. Ditto as to a huge fridge that uses four times as much juice as normal ones.

The gambling impresario Steve Wynn, when only a week from opening his recent billion dollar Wynn Resort in Vegas, saw the installed marble flooring in the grand entrance area & decided on the spot that it didn't have the required absolute top glitz factor, so he had it torn up & some exotic (at least priced) special marble flown in air freight to be installed within that weeks time, to be ready for the opening. Most of us just don't flash money like that. Donald Trump can & does, but what he's really selling is the "Trump" image of the best. I'm sure he drives hard bargains, but what is silly is that he's a big windbag of a fraud.

I'm happy to have space in my bathroom to turn around, but nice or not, I don't seek to maximize time there, just an occasional hot soaking bath for aching muscles. By the way, the house I think was in the 6 to 7 hundred thou area. Yes, it does have glitz.

Collapse -
BILL, THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING................
by Riverledge / April 30, 2007 1:11 PM PDT

IF I HAD A WIFE AND 8 KIDS, then maybe the bathroom would be a great HIDE-A-WAY. However, I'm single and need not escape to the bathroom! Then again, I watch too much FOOD NETWORK, but I never talk about it...... oh, well.

River.

Collapse -
MR BILL AND RIVER SOMETIMES ITS FUN TO BE POOR
by stewart norrie / May 1, 2007 3:47 AM PDT

Sometimes I love to be a wanna bee rich guy I only have two things going for my home theater systemthats probabbly worth more than my 26 year old crappy mobil home which looks more like a police station with 2 dishes 40 ft. outside antenna and f.m. antenna then my bling bling 97 Cad Eldoradio thats all I got Anyway the best thing about vegas as long as you dress nice it makes no difference if your rich or poor I always feel rich in Vegas until I loose all my cash ha ha not really because I usually spend half my time going on rol;or coasters and listining to the great sound systems but dont ell anyone friend will think Iam co co like my friends Mr. bill and old man river stewee

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.