Android forum

bar code scanning app

by howjef / May 2, 2013 6:40 AM PDT

I have a 7 " Zeki tablet running ics. It does not get Google play. It has a front facing camera only. TB782B
I am trying to find a bar code scanner app so I can do comparison shopping.
I have been in touch with support and they recommended a factory reset and downloading from opera, amazon, getjar.
Did all . I currently have scan life app BUT, it says camera in use by another program and will not work. Have made sure no other apps are working.
This is a very inexpensive tablet and it has done everything else I need, but am getting a bit frustrated with this one thing.
TY for any suggestions, even if someone can tell me that these type of apps won't work with front facing only cameras.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: bar code scanning app
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: bar code scanning app
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Given no store.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 2, 2013 7:19 AM PDT
In reply to: bar code scanning app

And the troubles you revealed, this is not a good device. Get your money back as it's clearly defective. I hope you found the XDA forums and asked if there is a way to fix it.

Collapse -
by howjef / May 2, 2013 9:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Given no store.

Yes Bob, It it fully refundable.

It was bought at Kohl'. It can be fully refunded at any time and without reason.

However , after discounts and credits , it cost me about $ 60. So even if it just plays movies, photos, skypes, books, games,emails, cnet and connects to my tv, syncs with my google account, it was well worth it.

Do you know if other devices with front facing only cameras can get the bar code scanner readers to work or does it take a rear facing camera to do that?.

As always, your advice is appreciated.

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 2, 2013 9:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Refundable

But all the devices we have used work with the stores. If they don't we return them.

My advice is to ask in the XDA forums if someone has a better rom.

Collapse -
(NT) TY will do NT
by howjef / May 3, 2013 6:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry.
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.