Phones forum

General discussion

Bad VERIZON Customer Service

by rogersummerlin / December 7, 2010 8:39 AM PST

I'd love to hear from people fed up with the poor customer service at Verizon. Takes an Act of Congress to talk to a real person. As soon as my contract is up I'm taking my family to another provider.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Bad VERIZON Customer Service
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Bad VERIZON Customer Service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
don't kow what you are saying
by birdmantd Forum moderator / December 7, 2010 9:05 AM PST

I have never had a single issue speaking w/ Verizon customer service and getting any questions or concerns resolved on the first call with nothing but professional courtesy. Care to explain why you are so upset? Clearly not everyone is upset w/ Verizon. EVERY cell phone provider will have someone who is upset with them at one time or another. Sorry if you had a bad experience.

Collapse -
What happened exactly?
by Pepe7 / December 7, 2010 9:30 AM PST

Maybe we could assist in some way(?)

cheers

Collapse -
WOW
by BumbleBbee / December 8, 2010 9:56 AM PST

Sorry to hear you are so upset. Personally, I have had nothing but good service from Verizon. As with all companies, they will have some employees that are less than cooperative or are not good at communications with the customer. I urge you to try again. IMO, Verizon is one of the best carriers out there and their plans are comprehensive and competitive. Try to see past the bad experience and give it one more try. Wink

Collapse -
Bad Customer service
by eclark6 / August 16, 2011 12:30 PM PDT

I sent this letter to you on
7/20/2011

"Hello Mr. Tang and I seem to be
hitting a wall with customer service in your area. I have recently renewed my
contract with Verizon and have entered into two contracts that I agreed to; one
was for the two year service provided by Verizon, and the second contract
(verbal) was for my new phone. Verbal contracts for the sale of goods are
legally binding as long as they do not fall into the category of the "Statute
of fraud". The service contract was agreed
upon "only" because of the offer that was given to me for the new phone. I have
tried to resolve my issue with your customer service department three times and
have sent two emails via Verizon's website and have found no resolution.

My
issue is with the business ethics that were performed to sell me Verizon's
product and that the contract that was agreed upon was not held to for the new
phone. The verbal contract that I entered into for the phone stated that I was
allowed to make payments on the new phone instead of paying the entire amount
all at once. Now this was the offer given to me from the sale manager on
7-12-11, and I agreed to it. We had come to this agreement due to the fact that
your competitor AT&T was offering me a 4G phone, by Motorola, for $50 and
Verizon was only offering $300 for the same type of phone. I decided to stay
with Verizon only because of the phone contract that I was offered. Needless to
say I looked at my bill three days later to find that I had been charged with
the full amount of the phone. When I called customer service they looked in
there call log to see that I was in fact telling the truth about the phone deal
but told me the only way that I could make payments on the phone was to let my
bill go into default by 12 days and then I could set up a payment plan through
financial services. I called financial services to see if there was anything
that they could do to help me out and they replied the same. They also
mentioned that I might be charged with late fees until the full balance was
paid. I have talked with three different departments about this issue with no
resolution other than letting the bill go into default. I don't want to look
like the bad customer and go into default. All I'm asking is that I receive
what I signed up for.

My view
of Verizon's "outstanding" customer service has definitely been shifted. I
think that it is preposterous that I should have to let my bill fall into
default, and I know that this situation can be resolved by Verizon. Too much of
my time has been expired on this issue and this is the last time I am going to
try to resolve it. I am so frustrated with the business ethics that have been
exposed here that I am compelled to write an article Titled "Does Business
Ethics Fall with the Economy" and forward it to several media hubs that
translates into 2,000,000 plus followers and send a carbon copy of this email
to Clark Howard."

Now to catch you up to speed; I was
told the only thing I could do was to let my bill go into default and make
payments on my equipment over a period of time or return the equipment and
return to my old plan. I accepted the payment plan and the terms of the new
contract by letting my bill go into default. Now on the call log it stated that
I was told I could make payments according to the finance departments terms,
this is not the actual truth. I was told that I could let my bill go into
default and set up payment arrangements for the equipment but when the finance
department call me I was told that under no circumstances could I make payments
on equipment of any type and who ever told me this was giving me bad
information. So now I'm told that my total payment is due September 2nd.
I had entered a nether verbal contract that acted as the terms to my original
agreement to the two year contract. I would not have kept the phone, thus
terminating the original contract, had I know that the terms to the verbal contract
were going to be breached. I want to send the phone back and have it removed
from my bill and return to my previous contract in which I have no obligation. I
am waiting for a response and I have sent an article to the Clark Howard show. Now
how the entity of Verizon intends to respond will also be up dated to the Clark
Howard show. Plus this article will be posted on several blogs. I'm done wasting
my time pursuing this issue. I will be using specific names in my article as
well.

Thank you for your Timely response, Roger Tang

Collapse -
Really ??
by birdmantd Forum moderator / August 16, 2011 11:15 PM PDT
In reply to: Bad Customer service

Verizon, if not all cellular providers, doesn't work like a credit card company, nor are they a bank. If they bill equipment to your account, it is expected to be paid in full on the next statement. If a salesman said otherwise, they should be disciplined and/or fired.

Your threats to post your rant on the internet/media will fall on deaf ears with Verizon and will not likely result in your wishes. If you wanted to pay for the phone in installments, you should have used a credit card from the beginning.

Your best bet from the beginning, assuming you bought the phone at a local store, would have been to go back to the place of purchase to dispute, and not calling customer service (unless they sent the phone) asking them to intervene. Customer service CANNOT force a store to take back a phone. If you read your contract, your options for resolution such as this are clearly stated.

I am sorry for your unfortunate experience and I hope it can be resolved in a fair/equitable solution. Good luck.

Collapse -
"Verbal contract"
by Pepe7 / August 17, 2011 5:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Really ??

There was no verbal contract unfortunately, only someone who was very naive to the entire process.

Collapse -
Huh??
by birdmantd Forum moderator / August 17, 2011 9:37 AM PDT
In reply to: "Verbal contract"

Pepe7,

Were you replying to the post above mine? I didn't mention anything about a "verbal contract". Just curious.

Collapse -
Sorry
by Pepe7 / August 18, 2011 2:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Huh??

Yes, I was replying to the other person.

Collapse -
Unfortunately
by birdmantd Forum moderator / August 18, 2011 2:39 AM PDT
In reply to: "Verbal contract"

You are right on track!

The OP either misinterpreted what was actually said or wasn't paying attention to what was actually said. It would be hard to enforce a verbal contract unless it was video/audio recorded and I doubt that happened.

Collapse -
Report: Verizon Employee Forges Customer's Signature
by Computer-Gary / August 22, 2011 1:42 AM PDT

The Consumerist has an account of a Verizon Wireless employee forging a customer's signature in order to complete a sale. Read this:

After my card was run through, I was asked to sign. On the signature pad, there was a paragraph stating that by this point I should have received a paper copy of what I was signing up for. My signing, I was agreeing that I had read and understood the document.

I asked the employee for the document and he said that I needed to sign first, even though it clearly said the complete opposite. He then changed his story and said the printer was broken. At this point I decided to cancel the transaction as I was not being provided the proper documents.

The employee then reached over the counter, grabbed the stylus, and signed the pin pad completing the transaction. I was shocked! Did this person really just sign for my credit card in front of me?

The entire article can be found here.

Collapse -
bad customer service
by verizoncustomerservice / September 24, 2012 4:16 AM PDT

I don't know why these other people don't get that everyone experiences different things. Verizon has provided the worst customer service over and over again. CARO AND KEYSA are two of the worst verizon employees. They provided me with the worst and most GHETTO service and there is no one to complain to. The supervisors at verizon have told me they have no one above them to complain to. They can hang up on you and give you attitude and there is nothing you can do about it. They don't have a complaint department in 2012. Look at the blogs in verizon....We're not the only ones that have had bad customer service. Verizon makes no efforts to keep existing customers...

Collapse -
Re: Bad Verizon Customer Service
by lynmarantz / November 29, 2012 6:27 AM PST

I agree that Verizon is very difficult to reach someone with authority, and heartless when it comes to problem resolution. In short, my elderly mother mistakenly paid a verizon bill for over 4 years for service she did not have. Calling Verizon to correct this got a reply of ok, well we can cancel the service and you don't need to pay for the last 6 months of service. Verizon refused to refund the erroneous charges that amounted to over $3,000.00. Their excuse, why did she pay in the first place - a blame the victim approach. I contacted the better business bureau, who set up a dialog. verizon restated their position and refused to budge. I pointed out that everyone agreed that my mother (aged 87) paid for service she did not ask for or receive for over 4 years. The records all support that. The outage is how to settle. Apparently Verizon cannot be made to return fraudulent charges to their customer.

I am at a loss for how to proceed, as I cannot reach anyone higher up in the Verizon change of command.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.